Streets of Rage, Bio-Hazard Battle, Gain Ground, Comix Zone, Bonanza Bros. and Sword of Vermilion, all from SEGA Genesis library, are now available on the Wii Shop Channel for download and play on the Wii's Virtual Console.
"The Wii Shop Channel continues to be a great avenue for gamers who want instant access to classic SEGA Genesis titles," said Scott A. Steinberg, Vice President of Marketing, SEGA of America. "Streets of Rage, Bio-Hazard Battle, Gain Ground, Comix Zone, Bonanza Bros. and Sword of Vermilion, are all great titles that were popular hits in their day and now they have a second life via Wii's Virtual Console."
Prices start at 800 Wii Points for SEGA Genesis titles. Wii Points can be purchased online or at select retailers at an MSRP of $20 for 2,000 points.
Streets of Rage
- A top secret crime organization has taken over what used to be a happy, peaceful metropolis and now no one is safe. Rampant crime and violence are commonplace after the syndicate bought off government officials and the majority of the police force with lucrative bribes. Frustrated by the corruption on their force, a group of young officers quits with a plan to take back the city in their own way. With special hand-to-hand combat abilities, Adam Hunter, Axel Stone and Blaze Fielding step onto the Streets of Rage to risk it all to save their city, even if it means putting their lives on the line.
- An army of biogenetic mutants has gone haywire, terrorizing the world and putting the future of the planet Avaron in jeopardy. It's up to you to defeat the mutant menaces and restore order before it's too late! Through eight levels of intense action, you'll be up against some of the nastiest, most vile creatures you've ever seen from mega amoebas and nuclear crabs to electroworms and gut-grabbing insects. You?ll have four different Bioship fighter crafts to choose from, each with unique handling capabilities and weapon systems. Hop into your fighter craft and save Avaron from certain doom!
Sword of Vermilion
- When the evil wizard-king, Tsarkon, invaded Excalabria with his massive army, King Erik V had no choice but to turn his infant son over to his most trusted warrior, Blade. As his castle burned, King Erik also gave Blade a valuable, ancient family heirloom for his son, the Ring of Wisdom. He asked Blade to leave at once in the hopes that the young heir to the throne would survive. Blade raised Erik VI as his own, knowing one day the prince would fulfill the prophecy of the Malaga fortune tellers. Now, eighteen years later, Erik VI returns to Excalabria to avenge his father's death and reclaim the kingdom.
- Sketch Turner, an artist from New York City, is drawing during a huge thunderstorm when a bolt of lightning hits his picture and brings it to life. The image, Mortus, is a megalomaniac mutant who wants to become human and rule the earth. Mortus magically transports Sketch into the pages of his comic book so he can end his creator's life and become real. Once inside the story, Sketch meets General Alissa Cyan who believes he is a superhero who has come to save their post-apocalyptic world from Mortus. Sketch soon discovers his superhero powers and he can instantly fight like a one-man mercenary platoon!
- Mobo and Robo Bonanza are watching TV when the screen suddenly flickers and a shadowy figure appears. The mysterious man offers them a lucrative sum to help test the security in his many buildings by retrieving certain items. They agree to get the job done in just three minutes, but they don't yet know that each building is packed with security guards and there is a huge reward if they are apprehended. Fortunately, they are equipped with bullets that can knock the guards unconscious for a few seconds. Help the Bonanza Bros. infiltrate a number of different locations ranging from banks to mansions to casinos!
- In the 31st century, the human race was near perfection: no war, no poverty, and no conflict. With nothing to worry about, people lost their ability to cope with problems and their survival instincts were nearly forgotten. The United Earth Government grew concerned over the vulnerability of the passive planet and created the Gain Ground system, a war simulator to help humans rediscover their lost instincts. Yet, the system malfunctioned and they became prisoners in their own creation. Team up with two courageous comrades to rescue your fellow humans and destroy the system.