Mitsubishi Electric announced today the launch of its 7.0-inch WVGA and 10.6-inch WXGA color TFT-LCD modules featuring white light-emitting diodes (LED) and extended backlighting.
These industrial-use modules, suitable for outdoor applications such as digital signage and marine electronics, offer high brightness and high contrast ratios, wide viewing angles and wide-ranging operational temperatures.
Sales will begin on December 12 through Mitsubishi Electric offices globally.
Features of the new 7.0-inch WVGA and 10.6-inch WXGA TFT-LCD models are as follows:
- Brightness of 1,000cd/m2 and contrast ratio of 1,000:1.
- 170-degree horizontal and vertical viewing angles.
- Operational temperatures from -30 degrees C to 80 degrees C.
- At 25 degrees C, the white LED backlight unit has a typical long life of 100,000 hours.
- A high-voltage inverter is not required.
- A circuit board-embedded LED driver achieves a compact, low-cost design.
The TFT-LCD module is fully compliant with the European restriction on the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment (RoHS). It is also mercury-free.