AMD today announced availability the AMD APP SDK 2.7, featuring the first implementation of OpenCL 1.2 and support for C++.
The new SDK is providing developers a cross-platform solution to unlock the performance of AMD GPUs, APUs, and multi-core CPUs with the added C++ wrapper API and AMD's C++ kernel language.
Support for the second generation AMD A-Series APUs and AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series GPUs is now available with the AMD APP SDK 2.7. The new SDK also includes updated versions of gDEBugger, APP ML, APP profiler and kernel analyzer updates. F
AMD APP SDK 2.7 Key Features
-- OpenCL 1.2
- Host access flags for memory objects
- Pattern-based GPU buffer and image initialization
- New generalized image creation API
- Enhanced image/buffer map operations
-- C++ Wrapper API
- Defaults for platform, queue, device, etc. reduce the amount of boilerplate code required
- Improved simplified constructors for cl::Buffer and addition of cl::copy functions
- Additional support of events when using functors
-- C++ Kernel language
- Kernel and function overloading
AMD will also hold AMD Fusion Developer Summit JUne 11-14 in Bellevue,WA, where it will provide information about its heterogeneous computing developments.