Designed to cater to "media enthusiasts," KDE's Plasma Media Center (PMC) has been released today for those looking to place photos, videos and audio clips on the highest pedestal.
The first release (1.0.0)
of Plasma Media Center is aimed towards a unified media experience on PCs, Tablets, Netbooks, TVs and any other device that is capable of running KDE.
PMC can be used to view images, play music or watch videos. Media files can be on the local filesystem or accessed with KDE's Desktop Search. This stable release of PMC has a basic set of features:
- Browse the local filesystem for media
- Use KDE Desktop Search to get a unified view of all available media
- View photos from flickr, picasa
- Create playlists from available media, play sequentially or randomly
- Developers can create custom plugins for PMC