The Fujifilm FinePix S8400W has new features to offer including a 44x optical zoom, BSI-CMOS sensor, fast 0.3 second auto-focus speed, Full HD movie recording and Wi-Fi connectivity.
The S8400W's wireless feature lets you transfer photos and movies from the FinePix S8400W to smartphones, tablets, and computers. Fujifilm is offering an easy means to back up your photos on your home PC. Just install the free "FUJIFILM PC AutoSave" software onto your PC and select which folder you want the photos to back up to, and then by linking your Wi-Fi Router and the S8400W camera you will have set up a simple to use backup for your photos on your home PC.
To connect to smartphones and tablets you will need to download the free dedicated "FUJIFILM Camera Application" to your iPhone, iPad, or Android smartphone or tablet device to transfer up to 30 pictures at a time from the FinePix S8400W. The app also lets you download movies. Pictures stored on the camera can be viewed and selected for download on large smartphone or tablet screens. No wireless LAN access point or complicated ID or password entry is required, and once pictures have been downloaded to the smartphone, it's a simple task to upload them to social networking sites.
The new S8400W features a 44x optical zoom（24-1056mm), apertures of f/2.9 to f/6.5, and powerful OIS (Optical Image Stabilisation).
The FUJINON lenses used in this camera feature 17 elements in 12 groups, and combine aspherical and ED elements which help to reduce aberrations. Additionally this camera features a Super Macro mode enabling you to get as close as 1cm from your subject.
With its 16 megapixel 1/2.3-inch BSI-CMOS sensor, the S8400W captures high quality low noise shots at sensitivities as high as ISO 12800. And with an autofocus speed of 0.3 seconds, start-up time of 1.0 second, a 0.5 second interval between shots and a continuous shooting speed of 10fps (MAX.10frames, full resolution), you'll really find it hard to miss a shot. What's more, high-speed shooting of up to 60fps (MAX. 60 frames, image size 1280 x 960) and up to 120fps (MAX. 60 frames, image size 640 x 480), is also available.
A dedicated Movie button which lets you start recording the moment you press it. The camera supports 1080i movie capture at 60fps with stereo sound and slow-motion capture at 480fps. Additionally, a number of movie-editing features are available, including "movie trimming" to cut unwanted footage from movies, and "movie join" to join multiple separate clips into a single movie.
The FinePix also S8400W comes with a built-in Electronic viewfinder (EVF).
The camera will start shipping from May 2013 at a suggested retail price of $349.95.
FUJIFILM FinePix S8400W Key features list:
- Wireless Image Transfer to PC, tablets and smartphones
- Wi-FI PC Auto save function
- FUJINON 44X Super zoom Lens (24mm wide-angle, fast apertures of f/2.9 to f/6.5)
- 1/2.3inch 16 million pixel BSI-CMOS sensor
- Autofocus speed of 0.3 sec. in fastest conditions
- Continuous shooting; 10fps(MAX.10frames, full resolution), 60fps (MAX. 60 frames, image size 1280?960) ,120 fps (MAX. 60 frames, image size 640?480)
- Start-up time of 1.0sec.
- Shooting interval time of 0.5sec.
- Full HD movie 1080i/60 fps with stereo sound and slow-motion capture at 480fps
- 3.0-inch LCD screen (460K-dot)
- Electronic viewfinder(201K-dot)
- 1cm Super Macro
- Manual exposure control(P/S/A/M modes)
- Twin zoom levers (one on top and one on side of barrel)
- 3-level zoom switch
-Instant zoom and Zoom Bracketing
- Artistic features including spot colour and 360 Motion Panoramic shooting
- Powered by 4?AA alkaline batteries (with a 300 shot battery life approx.)