Fujitsu today announced its updated FMV Series lineup of consumer-oriented personal computers. The new lineup includes four new models in three product families. They feature enhanced design and performance specifications as well as a touchscreen display compatible with Windows 8. The new models will be available in Japan from June 7, 2013.
The notebook PC LIFEBOOK UH90/L features a touchscreen equipped wide-format IGZO 14-inch liquid
crystal display, which reproduces images in an ultra-high 3200 x 1800
pixel display resolution. The LIFEBOOK UH90/L's CPU has been outfitted
with the latest 4th-Generation Intel Core i5-4200U Processor.
- A 14-inch wide-format display fit into a standard 13-inch form factor
- The LIFEBOOK UH90/L's advanced display panel
utilizes IGZO technology to achieve an ultra-high display resolution of
3200 x 1800 pixels and a pixel density of 262 ppi,.
- The "UH90/L" is world's thinnest for a laptop with a hard disk drive, measuring 15.5 mm at its thickest point.
- The touch panel's special surface processing,
called Super Glide Coating, enables users to navigate through
Windows 8's touch panel operations.
- In addition to its "ultra-compressed, solid
core" design resembling a single strong plank, the LIFEBOOK UH90/L is
made extra tough to withstand weight of around 200 kgf,
as tested using a top-down pressure test.
Ultrabook also boasts enhanced levels of computing performance, with
on-board features such as the latest 4th-Generation Intel Core
i5-4200U Processor, as well as a 500GB hybrid HDD.
- The machine will run on a 45 watt-hour lithium polymer battery. It will go on sale from June 28, sold in a basic model with a 500GB hybrid hard drive and 4GB Japanese press reported the laptop has an estimated market price of $1,900.
The new ESPRIMO FH78/LD desktop PC boasts a high-power speaker system with an on-board subwoofer, reaching a
maximum output of 30W. It comes with a large s Full HD 23-inch wide-format liquid crystal display. Features include:
- Fujitsu's proprietary eye tracking assistance
technology enables users to select Windows 8 charms and scroll up and
down through web pages in Windows Internet Explorer 10 just by moving
- A30W high power speaker system
jointly developed together with Pioneer includes a specially tuned
on-board subwoofer (two 10W stereo speakers + one 10W subwoofer) that
balances deep bass and crisp treble.
- By combining a 23-inch wide-format Full HD
display together with IPS technology for wider viewing angles, the
ESPRIMO FH78/LD's display allows users to experience the power of full
high definition video, from any angle. In addition, the system's
approximately 3TB high-capacity HDD can store numerous recorded digital
The AH45/K model has a new high-capacity battery
that gives it a usage life of approximately 6.4 hours, roughly twice the
duration of previous models. Similarly, in addition to a new
high-capacity battery with a life of about 7.9 hours, the AH42/K model
has received a boost in computing performance thanks to an upgraded CPU -
the Intel Pentium Processor 2020M.
Pricing and Availability
||June 28, 2013
||June 20, 2013
||June 14, 2013
||June 7, 2013