HP today announced the first phase of HP SMB IT in a Box, an expanded big data portfolio, new and enhanced HP ProLiant servers along with a new flash strorage torage portfolio.
Marked by HP's entry into the Google Apps Reseller program today, HP SMB IT in a Box will leverage existing hardware, including PCs and printers, with Google Apps for Business, Google's cloud-based communication and collaboration tools. More than 5 million businesses currently run on Google Apps for Business, which includes Gmail, IM, Calendar, Drive, Docs and more. With HP?s management software layer and minimal setup, HP SMB IT in a Box can simplify IT environments and help reduce their operating costs and infrastructure requirements.
This initiative represents HP's latest collaboration with Google. HP already offers a number of products based on Google?s Android and Chrome operating systems including the HP SlateBook x2, HP Slate7 and the HP Chromebook.
HP SMB IT in a Box combines HP's PCs, printers, management console, administration and customer support with the productivity, collaboration tools and security of Google Apps. HP SMB IT in a Box will continue to grow to encompass all the technologies SMBs need to win in the marketplace. Eventually, the solution will include integrated consoles for resellers, IT administrators and end users, allowing easy access to the entire solution, including Google Apps for Business.
HP SMB IT in a Box will be offered through HP?s reseller partners. The initial offering is expected to be available to select resellers in the United States in July followed by broader availability worldwide by the end of the year.
HP also today announced an expanded big data portfolio designed to enable organizations to gain better insight into their data and deliver real-time outcomes.
To help organizations reap the rewards of big data, HP announced HAVEn, a big data analytics platform, which leverages HP's analytics software, hardware and services big data-ready analytics applications and solutions.
HAVEn combines technologies from HP Autonomy, HP Vertica, HP ArcSight and HP Operations Management, as well as key industry initiatives such as Hadoop.
The first integrated big data analytics solution built on HAVEn is HP Operations Analytics, which delivers insight into all aspects of IT operations, so organizations can ensure quality service levels. The solution allows organizations to efficiently consume, manage and analyze massive streams of IT operational data from a variety of HP products, including HP ArcSight Logger and the HP Business Service Management portfolio, as well as third-party sources.
HP also announced two additional products to help on the journey:
- The HP Vertica Community Edition?free, downloadable software that delivers the same functionality of the HP Vertica Analytics Platform Enterprise Edition with no commitments or time limits, allowing clients to analyze up to 1 terabyte of data before investing in an enterprisewide solution.
- The HP Autonomy Legacy Data Cleanup?information governance solution that helps clients analyze legacy data, lower costs and reduce risks while driving value from big data. With this solution, organizations can access, understand and classify, as well as defensibly dispose of outdated and unnecessary legacy information, while retaining data deemed valuable for production applications.
New SMB Servers
HP also today announced new HP ProLiant servers for small and midsized businesses (SMBs).
The new HP ProLiant MicroServer Generation 8 (Gen8) is a server that provides simplified setup, management and maintenance with innovative HP Smart Technologies. The HP MicroServer offers centralized, anywhere, anytime data access to employees to boost productivity and collaboration through data sharing - and it is small and quiet enough to sit on a desk.
Further expanding the HP ProLiant server portfolio, HP today also announced cost-optimized solutions for micro and SMB clients. New solutions include the HP ProLiant DL320e Gen8 v2 and HP ProLiant ML310e Gen8 v2.
The new HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 delivers the reliability, performance and security of a business server in a quiet design that is half the size of most competitive entry-level servers, which allows it to be displayed on the floor or desk.
The Gen8 shares and secures critical information in a central server. Data and applications housed on the server are remotely accessible from virtually any web-connected device with Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials.
The HP MicroServer Gen8 features:
- Simple system installation, setup and maintenance with the HP iLO Management Engine (iLO4) and HP Intelligent Provisioning , embedded in each server with software and preloaded tools ready to deploy for simplified management.
- Remote management of the server from anywhere, anytime to increase productivity while lowering operational costs with HP Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) Essentials
- Performance can me continously monitored with HP Active Health, which automatically assesses the servers for optimum health and lowest power consumption and accelerates application updates to boost server performance and improve uptime via HP Smart Update.
- HP ProLiant ML310e Gen8 v2 is an updated, full-featured, single-processor tower server with enterprise-class manageability for SMBs with remote or branch offices.
- HP ProLiant DL320e Gen8 v2 is a new compact, single-processor, rack-optimized server that can be deployed anywhere. It is ideal for single-application uses, such as small businesses and chain stores. The server meets the unique space, mobility, management and budget challenges that SMB and embedded market customers must solve.
The HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 is available worldwide immediately for a starting price of $449.
The HP ProLiant ML310e Gen8 v2 is expected to be available worldwide next month for a starting price of $869. The HP ProLiant DL320e Gen8 v2 is available worldwide immediately for a starting price of $899.
Converged Storage Portfolio
HP expanded the company's Converged Storage portfolio with a solid-state optimized all-flash HP 3PAR StoreServ system. HP also released a new HP StoreOnce Virtual Storage Appliance (VSA) that cuts the cost of small site backup by up to 65 percent.
The HP 3PAR StoreServ 7450 Storage system delivers more than 550,000 input/output operations per second with less than 0.7 millisecond response time. Flash-specific caching algorithms dynamically adjust read/write granularity to reduce latency and speed transactions.
To deliver a rapid return on investment, the HP 3PAR StoreServ 7450 Storage system has hardware-accelerated data compaction that reduces capacity needs by up to 50 percent without degrading performance. Systemwide striping, which automatically writes data across all resources, increases throughput, load balances the system and extends media life by eliminating hot spots.
HP also announced a new HP StoreFabric 16-gigabit (Gb) SAN infrastructure that eliminates bandwidth bottlenecks to maximize the performance of flash-based systems.
HP StoreOnce VSA deploys as a virtual machine on existing industry-standard servers, eliminating the need for customers to purchase dedicated hardware. It enables backup-as-a-service offerings for hosting providers and lowers costs for enterprise remote office protection. In addition, HP StoreOnce VSA reduces physical hardware requirements and energy costs.
HP StoreOnce meets enterprise disk backup needs with a single storage architecture. It can be deployed across application and backup servers, as well as on physical and virtual storage appliances.
The HP StoreEver MSL6480 Tape Library has enterprise-class features for long-term data protection at a midrange price. It starts small and expands easily to provide performance, scale and density - up to 60.4 TB/hour and 3.5 PB - in a single library.
The HP Converged Storage portfolio is further integrated with the new HP Data Protector 8 backup and recovery software.
Pricing and availability
- HP 3PAR StoreServ 7450 Storage systems are available now starting at $99,000.
- HP 3PAR Priority Optimization Software will be available this month.
- The HP StoreOnce VSA will be available on July 22 at $3,500 for 10 TB of capacity.
- The HP StoreEver MSL6480 Tape Library is available now at an entry price of $30,000.
- HP Data Protector 8 is available now for a starting price of $1,238.