Imation today launched its next generation object store, the Nexsan Assureon secure automated archive solution.
The Assureon solution brings secure automated archiving to mid-sized organizations and enterprises to optimize storage infrastructures and manage regulatory compliance.
Assureon does not require that applications be customized to use proprietary APIs in order to store their data in the archive. Users do not need to learn new processes or change how they access data.
The latest Assureon 7 release features a number of enhancements including:
- Virtual shortcuts deliver near-instant recovery: The Assureon solution allows users to recover quickly in the event of a server crash by simply installing the Assureon client software on a server. In addition, users now can deploy "virtual shortcuts" with clustered network attached storage (NAS), allowing multiple servers to access Assureon files, enabling a redundant cluster configuration for faster recovery.
- Storage pools optimize disk space: The Assureon solution enables the file system to expand onto multiple disk arrays. This allows for more efficient use of disk space and simplifies system management.
- The Assureon platform is now based on processors and Nexsan E-Series high-density disk storage systems.
- Data ingestion throttling optimizes server performance: The Assureon server enables IT managers to optimize data ingestion speed with server load, ensuring efficient data transfer while maximizing server performance.
- Flexible ingestion options: Assureon offers a number of options for how data is collected and fed into the archive, including:
Via the network or cloud, using Assureon Client software.
Via NAS-based Assureon Edge, a 2U server with options available for ingestion in Linux or Unix based environments (supporting both CIFS and NFS); or Assureon High Speed Edge, utilizing Infiniband connections.
In addition, options are available for ingestion via SnapLock Protocol, XML Ingestion File, and optional API integration to manage file retention and disposition.
All configuration changes to the Assureon system are now tracked and recorded to facilitate auditing. The new audit trail feature provides a user interface for searching and filtering through audit records.
Available now, the Assureon 7 secure automated archive solution can scale from 3TB to multiple petabytes of unstructured data.