LG Electronics is unveiling two new series of commercial-grade LED TVs featuring the latest Pro:Centric platform, designed to deliver an interactive guest-room experience.
New models in the premium LP870H Pro:Centric Smart IPTV series are ultra-slim edge-lit LED TVs, while LP645H Pro:Centric Direct LED TV models are designed for value-minded properties. Both series include Full HD display capabilities, interactive services support and LG EcoSmart technology.
LG will demonstrate the new models here this week at the 2013 Hospitality Industry Technology Exposition & Conference.
LG's flagship LP870H series is built around the enhanced Pro:Centric platform with support for Java, Flash and HTML software to deliver a wide range of partner interactive applications. The LP870H series provides uniform services and functionality across both RF (radio frequency) and IP (Internet protocol) networks, enabling the TV to operate in both network types, while allowing integration of the set top box client to avoid additional hardware costs associated with traditional two-piece solutions.
The 870H is designed for second-screen support, and options include Wi-Di and Wi-Fi Direct, as well as Miracast, to allow system integrators to enable guests to use their mobile devices to share and view their content on the TV.
The LP645H is LG's first series of Direct LED TVs featuring the RF-based Pro:Centric platform with support for Java and Flash based applications. Direct-lit LED TV delivers the advantages of an LED display with improved contrast ratio and picture brightness along with lower power consumption in a more economical package.
LP645H series TVs support embedded b-LAN for Pay-Per-View and Free-To-Guest system interoperability, integrated LG Pro:Idiom? digital rights management and MPEG-2/MPEG-4 H.264 decoding for viewing of HD channels. As an added bonus, guests have the ability to view their own content stored on portable devices on the TV thanks to the plug-and-play function with compatible Remote Jack Packs.
Hoteliers can also take advantage of LG's Free Electronic Program Guide data service available with all Pro:Centric televisions, so that guests are able to locate and enjoy available TV entertainment with a channel selection guide application, just like they do at home. Leveraging Pro:Centric capabilities, the LP645H series also supports LG's Pro:Centric applications that enable hotels to easily communicate up-to-the-minute information via electronic billboards on property amenities, weather forecasts and local attractions.
Pro:Centric technology, a standards-based applications platform designed to enable hotels to communicate up-to-the-minute information, introduces new ways for hotels to communicate with guests. Hoteliers can now customize the entire in-room experience providing guests with an Interactive Electronic Program Guide with advanced channel search and selection capabilities. Guests can also book room service, spa services and golf course schedules at the touch of the remote.
With built-in b-LAN, as well as all other FTG system providers, Pro:Centric-enabled TVs with Pro:Idiom, the digital rights management system that assures the availability of HD content in hospitality settings, eliminate the need for an added card to provide this function.
At HITEC, LG is also exhibiting a number of other display and signage solutions for the hospitality market, including:
- LG's LT777H LED TV series is a combination of Java, Flash and HTML compatibility with IP video decoding, built-in Wi-Fi and dual RF tuners.
The LT777H supports a range of Smart TV applications including Google Maps, Twitter, Facebook and Accuweather coupled with a full Internet browser.
- The LT777H Pro:Centric model also supports embedded b-LAN for Pay-Per-View and Free-To-Guest system interoperability, integrated LG Pro:Idiom digital rights management and MPEG-2/MPEG-4 H.264 decoding for viewing of premium HD channels.
- LG's 84-inch class (84.0 inch diagonal) commercial-grade Ultra HD Signage Display boasts a pixel resolution of 3840 x 2160, four times higher than Full HD displays.
- LG's In Plane Switching (IPS) panel technology helps ensure accurate color saturation and contrast at wide-angle viewing (both horizontal and vertical).
- The Ultra HD 2160p display has a bezel width of just 27.9mm at its thinnest point and may be mounted in portrait or landscape mode. LG's display technology also provides a temperature tolerance of up to 230 degrees Fahrenheit (110 degrees Celsius), which helps alleviate a common problem of screens overheating, affecting picture quality.
- EzSign offers customizable signage content running simultaneously with live TV or another external media source, attracting attention while delivering messaging to consumers, while LED lighting improves the image quality and energy efficiency of the ENERGY STAR qualified model.
- Designed for hotel lobbies, retail environments and video walls, the backlit 55WV70MD offers a Full HD 1080p picture and can be configured in video walls up to 15 x 15 tiles.
This 55-inch class (54.6-inch diagonal) monitor has an ultra narrow bezel of only 3.4mm (left/top) and 1.9mm (right/bottom), and functions in both portrait and landscape mode. It also incorporates an IPS panel, 800nit brightness, Local Dimming technology, Shine Out technology, and LG's CINEMA 3D technology.