|Last 7 Days News :
Thursday, September 12, 2013
New Pioneer DDJ-SR Joins Family of Controllers Designed for Serato DJ Software Users
Pioneer today unveiled the Pioneer DDJ-SR 2-channel DJ controller designed for use with Serato DJ software. The smaller and more compact DDJ-SR inherits many of the same functionalities and controls of the larger DDJ-SX introduced by the company in 2012, offering large aluminum jog wheels, integrated performance pads, and a new PAD PLUS feature that adds four additional audio effects to the performance pads.
Mixing with Serato
The DDJ-SR takes advantage of Serato DJ?s full capability, ensuring
its layout of knobs and buttons are easy-to-use with the
- Performance Pads - Large rubber 'performance pads' located
below the big jog wheel provide HOT CUE, ROLL, SLICER and SAMPLER
functions. Soft-touch rubber pad illuminates in blue to enable
users to tap the pad(s) quickly for each effect, with the output volume
varying depending on the strength of each tap.
- PAD PLUS - By activating the new PAD PLUS button, the functions of the performance pads are transformed,
converting the four function buttons into HOT CUE ROLL, TRANS, COMBO FX
and SAMPLER ROLL. Holding down the pads triggers the hot cues or
samplers that match the beats per minute (BPM) of the music while
effects and filters are simultaneously applied. The DDJ-SR also features
a new Beat Indicator to display beats while simultaneously using the
PAD PLUS functions.
- Big Jog Wheels - The DDJ-SR features two large jog wheels for
precise scratching and mixing capabilities. The resistance for each jog
wheel was fined tuned to provide users with the best 'feel' and the
- 2-Channel Mixer - The built-in 2-channel mixer on the DDJ-SR
is ideal for scratch performances. The mixer can also be used with four
decks using the 'deck select' buttons located on each side of the
controller. In addition, the unit features a 'Cross Fader Reverse'
switch to enable the left and right decks to be controlled from opposite
- High-end Design - The DDJ-SR sports a steel top panel and an aluminum jog plate.
- Serato DJ Software - A free-of-charge download of Serato DJ
software is included with the purchase of a DDJ-SR.
- USB Power - The controller can be powered through the USB connection to a laptop.
- Built-in Sound Card (audio interface) - Simple connection to a laptop with a single USB cable.
- Adjustable Cross-fader Curve - Suits any mixing style.
- Channel Fader Start - Enables the use of the channel fader to control and play/cue tracks.
- Integrated Handles - The controller features grip handles on each side.
The DDJ-SR will be available in October 2013 with a suggested retail price of $699.