The first all-optical fiber cables for the Thunderbolt community by Corning have been Thunderbolt certified by Intel and will be available in the coming months.
Compatible with both Intel's Thunderbolt and Thunderbolt 2 computer and peripheral connectivity protocols, Thunderbolt Optical Cables will be available in varying lengths starting at 10 meters.
The electrically isolated, noise-reducing cables are up to 50 percent smaller in diameter and 80 percent lighter than comparable copper Thunderbolt cables.
- 10 Gb/s bi-directional, dual channel
- Data and video on a single cable
- Daisy-chain up to six Thunderbolt devices
- Ultra-slim, "zero-bend" radius cable
- Hot swappable
- Electrically isolated, noise reducing design
- Enabled by Corning ClearCurve VSDN optical fiber
- Class 1 Laser Product