|Last 7 Days News :
Thursday, February 13, 2014
LG Unveils The G Pro 2 Smartphone
Today LG Electronics introduced the LG G Pro 2, its follow-up to the G Pro, to the Korean public.
Announced ahead of the Mobile World Congress on February 24, the LG G Pro 2 is designed as much with its closest rival -- the Samsung Galaxy Note III. LG's new smartphone has a 5.9-inch Full HD IPS display and an extra slim bezel of 3.3mm, offering a screen-to-frame ratio of 77.2 percent. It comes with a thicker, high-power 1W Hi-Fi sound that's 30 percent louder than in the G Pro. And to simplify the powering on and unlocking process, LG engineers developed a unique feature called Knock Code which makes unlocking and using the G Pro 2 easier.
"Knock Code is an example of LG bringing simpler, more convenient solutions to consumers' mobile lives," said Dr. Jong-seok Park, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. "Whereas in the early years of smartphones it was a contest to see how many features could be stuffed into the phones, our researchers took a long, hard look at how consumers were really using their devices in their daily lives and included just the most useful UX features. We think customers will agree."
Knock Code allows owners to power on and unlock their G Pro 2 smartphones in one easy step by tapping their screens using one of 86,367 "knock" combinations. Thanks to LG's intelligent algorithm and hardware, the knock pattern can be entered on any area of the screen ― whether the display is turned on or off ― using anywhere from two to eight taps.
The G Pro 2 is the first LG smartphone to benefit from an enhanced 13MP camera with OIS+ (Optical Image Stabilizer Plus) and functions for creating sharing content. LG?s proprietary OIS+ technology adds software anti-shake functionality to the acclaimed hardware-based feature already built into the slim camera module for the best photos and videos possible when in motion or in low light situations. What's more, the sensors and lens of the rear and front camera on the G Pro 2 have increased in both size and sensitivity, for images that rival many standalone point-and-shoot cameras. Some of the other image capturing features built into the G Pro 2 are:
- 120FPS HD Video Recording and Slow-Motion Editing: Records in 120fps HD and allows editing of video in three different speeds ― one-half slow motion, one-fourth slow motion and original
- 4K ULTRA HD Recording: Records video footage in ultra-high definition mode for playback on 4K TV sets
- Magic Focus: After the shot is taken, user have the option to select the preferred depth of focus before saving. Users can also press the all-in-focus icon to make every object in the frame look their sharpest
- Natural Flash: Offers more balanced color temperature and exposure for the most natural-looking photos compared to images taken with a normal flash
- Flash for Selfie: Reduces the size of the preview screen and adds a bright white background for more "soft" lighting in self-portrait mode
- Burst Shot: Takes up to 20 continuous shots and automatically edits them to create a video of the captured images
- Gallery Collage: Allows users to select photos from their gallery to create a collage for easy uploading to favorite social network sites
In addition to the latest components, the G Pro 2 also boasts a collection of upgraded features:
- Content Lock: Provides users more security with the ability to lock files, photos, videos and memos with a unique password
- Mini View: Enables users to comfortably use the G Pro 2 with one hand by shrinking the display to a size ranging from 3.4 inches to 4.7 inches, depending on the user?s preference
- Dual Browser: Divides the expansive screen into two separate browser windows for more convenient surfing
Availability of G Pro 2 in markets outside of Korea has not yet been determined but attendees to the 2014 Mobile World Congress can experience the G Pro 2 and its features first-hand at LG's Booth in Hall 3 of Fira Gran Via.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (2.26 GHz Quad-Core)
- GPU: Qualcomm Technologies Adreno 330
- Display: 5.9-inch Full HD IPS (1920 x 1080), Slim Bezel
- Memory: 3GB DDR3 RAM / 16GB/32GB eMMC ROM / microSD slot
- Camera: Rear 13.0MP OIS+ / Front 2.1MP
- Battery: 3,200mAh (removable)
- Operating System: Android 4.4 KitKat
- Size: 157.9 x 81.9 x 8.3mm
- Weight: 172g
- Network: LTE / HSPA+
- Connectivity: Bluetooth Smart Ready (BT 4.0) / USB / WiFi
(802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) / NFC / SlimPort
- Colors: Titan, White, Red
- Other: Knock Code, 1W Hi-Fi Sound, Content Lock
News Source: LG Electronics Inc.