Nintendo has made available a new system update for the Wii U console, introducing changes including the addition of a Quick Start Menu for the Wii U GamePad controller.
After the update has been downloaded, when you start your Wii
U with the GamePad controller you'll be able to see the Quick
Start Menu, which displays the icons of the 10 most-used games
and applications as the system starts up. You can then select
the game or software you want to launch and it will load
simultaneously during the Wii U start-up sequence.
Additional changes include:
- Improved user setting and selection.
- System updates can now be downloaded and installed when the
Wii U console is in standby mode.
- Full-screen alerts and notifications can be displayed on the
GamePad controller, even if the system is in standby mode.
These notifications will include updates, game releases and
promotions from Nintendo. You can adjust how they receive
- Easier Nintendo Network ID setup for new users.
- Notifications can now be accessed from the Home Menu as well
as the Wii U Menu.
For more information visit