|Last 7 Days News :
Monday, July 07, 2014
LG Start Selling New new G Pads And G Watch Globally
South Korea's tech giant LG Electronics Inc, said Monday it will start the sales of three models of its G Pad tablet lineup this week that come with features inherited from the flagship G3 smartphone.
LG has also made its LG G Watch available for purchase from the Google Play Store as well as retailers around the world.
Set to go on the market from Friday, the Android 4.4.2 KitKat-powered G Pad will come in 7-inch, 8-inch and 10.1-inch sizes, the company said. The first G Pad, debuted in October 2013, came in 8.3 inches.
The LG G Pad 10.1 boasts a widescreen display powered by an 8,000mAh battery.
The LG G Pad series come preloaded with the G series' user experience (UX), including a features carried over from the LG G3, such as Touch & Shoot, Gesture Shot, Smart Keyboard and Dual Window.
Highlights of the LG G3's UX features included in the G Pad 10.1 are:
- Touch & Shoot: Tapping anywhere on the display will focus and activate the shutter in a single step
- Gesture Shot for Selfies: Clenching the free hand into a fist within the shot frame will automatically begin a three-second countdown before snapping the picture for a blur-free photo.
- Smart Keyboard: Reduces input errors by up to 75 percent by tracking and analyzing typing habits and "knowing" what word the user intended to type.
- Dual Window: Splits the tablet screen and runs two applications at the same time, dragging and dropping content from one window to the other for easier multitasking.
LG makes connectivity more convenient with QPair 2.0, which provides convergence between Android-powered tablets and smartphones via a Bluetooth connection. With QPair 2.0, users can receive notifications of calls and messages on a smartphone and reply or answer the call directly from the G Pad.
Knock Code, the security feature that combines powering on and unlocking into one quick step, allows up to four users to register their knock patterns so family members can share the same tablet while still being able to keep their data and photos private.
The LG G Pad 10.1 will make its debut in the United States followed by other markets in Europe, Asia and Latin America later in the month.
The tablet world is still dominated by Apple's iPad but has lost ground to Android rivals, especially Samsung, the No. 1 Android tablet maker. Asus, Amazon, and Lenovo all rank above LG in reports from IDC and Gartner, showing that LG has its work cut out for it before it can carve out a serious piece of the tablet market.
The LG G Watch is the first Android Wear device to feature a button-free design with a display that remains "always-on".
The G Watch is compatible with smartphones running Android 4.3 or higher with the Android Wear app available at Google Play Store. It has a simple user interface designed around cards, which provide information on your wrist. The G Watch will also recognize your voice so you can get things done quickly by just asking questions.
Powered by a large 400mAh battery, the device features interchangeable straps with any standard 22mm watch band.
LG G Watch will beavailable both online and offline in twelve countries: United States, Canada, France, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, Australia, India, Japan and South Korea. In fifteen other countries, among which include key markets such as Brazil, Mexico, Russia, Singapore and New Zealand, the LG G Watch will be available at retailers.
In the U.S., AT&T will be the first to offer the G Watch on July 11th, with online orders beginning on the 8th. The G Watch will sell for $299.
G Pad 10.1 Key Specifications:
- Chipset: 1.2GHz Quad-CoreQualcomm Snapdragon
- Display: 10.1-inch IPS (1280 x 800, WXGA)
- Memory: 16GM eMMC / 1GB RAM / microSD slot
- Camera: Rear 5MP / Front 1.3MP
- Battery: 8000mAh
- Operating System: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Size: 260.9 x 165.9 x 8.9mm
- Weight: 523g
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi
- Color: Black/Red
- Other: QPair 2.0, Smart Keyboard, Knock Code
Key Specifications G Watch:
- Chipset: 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- Display: 1.65-inch LCD IPS (280 x 280)
- Memory: 4GB eMMC / 512MB RAM
- Battery: 400mAh
- Operating System: Android Wear (compatible with smartphones running Android 4.3 and above)
- Size: 37.9 x 46.5 x 9.95mm
- Weight: 63g
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0
- Sensors: 9-Axis (Gyro/ Accelerometer/ Compass)
- Color: White Gold/ Black Titan
- Other: Dust and Water Resistant (IP67)