|Last 7 Days News :
Tuesday, July 15, 2014
VIA Now Offers New Viega Ruggedized Android Tablet
VIA Technologies today announced the VIA Viega, a ruggedized 10.1" Android tablet engineered to survive the enterprise-level mobile computing environments.
The IP65-rated VIA Viega sports a durable design that protects against spills, rain, and dust. It also features shock and vibration protection that safeguards the device against drops of up to two meters, as well as a tempered glass panel to prevent shattered screens.
The tablet is powered by a dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 SoC with NEON technology and supports hardware acceleration for HD product demonstration and training videos. Wireless connectivity options include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, and NFC, as well as optional 3G for transportation or remote location scenarios.
The VIA Viega features a customizable Android 4.2 Operating System with security features such as hardware-assisted data encryption/decryption and built-in manageability through the VIA SMART ETK. Framework, kernel and device management customization services for the VIA Viega are also available from VIA.
- 1.2GHz Dual Core ARM Cortex-A9 SoC with NEON technology
- 1GB DDR3 DRAM
- Mali-400 DP GPU
- 16GB eMMC Flash
- 10.1? LED backlit LCD screen
- Optional 2M Front and 5M Rear camera with auto focus support
- Micro SIM card slot
- Micro SD Card slot
- 2 Micro USB ports (1 for regular function, 1 for DC12V-in/COM port function)
- 1 Micro HDMI-out port
- Wi-Fi, 3G, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC support
- 1 Earphone jack and stereo speakers inside
- Long-life polymer battery pack with up to 9 hours runtime
- Android 4.2 OS with customization services available
- 265.4mm(W) x 171.5mm(H) x 12.3mm(D) (10.4" x 6.8" x 0.5")
- 690g (1.5lbs)
- 3 year longevity support