AMD today made available the AMD Opteron A1100-Series developer kit, which features AMD's first 64-bit ARM-based processor, codenamed "Seattle."
The standard ARM Cortex-A57-based server platform is aimed at software developers and integrators, who can apply on AMD's website.
"The journey toward a more efficient infrastructure for large-scale datacenters is taking a major step forward today with broader availability of our AMD Opteron A1100-Series development kit," said Suresh Gopalakrishnan, general manager and vice president, Server business unit, AMD. "After successfully sampling to major ecosystem partners such as firmware, OS, and tools providers, we are taking the next step in what will be a collaborative effort across the industry to reimagine the datacenter based on the open business model of ARM innovation."
The AMD Opteron A1100 Series processor supports:
- 4 and 8 ARM Cortex-A57 cores
- Up to 4 MB of shared L2 and 8 MB of shared L3 cache
- Configurable dual DDR3 or DDR4 memory channels with ECC at up to 1866 MT/second
- Up to 4 SODIMM, UDIMM or RDIMMs
- 8 lanes of PCI-Express Gen 3 I/O
- 8 Serial ATA 3 ports
- 2 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- ARM TrustZone technology for enhanced security
- Crypto and data compression co-processors
The AMD Opteron A1100 development kit is packaged in a microATX form factor and includes:
- An AMD Opteron A1100-Series processor with 4 cores
- 2 Registered DIMM with 16 GB of DDR3 DRAM
- PCI Express connectors configurable as a single x8 or dual x4 ports
- 8 Serial-ATA connectors
- Compatibility with standard power supplies
- Standard UEFI boot environment
- Linux environment based on Fedora technology from the Red Hat-sponsored Fedora community
- Standard Linux GNU tool chain, including cross-development version
- Platform device drivers
- Apache web server, MySQL database engine, and PHP scripting language for developing robust Web serving applications
Java 7 and Java 8 versions to enable developers to work in a 64-bit ARM environment
Complete developer kits are available for $2,999 USD.