|Last 7 Days News :
Thursday, September 24, 2015
Microsoft Partners With Baidu To Help Windows 10 Expansion In China
Microsoft is partnering with Chinese companies and government institutions including Baidu to to advance availability of the company's Windows 10 OS, products and services in China.
With over 600 million active users, Baidu is one of the most frequently used Internet gateways in China.
Together, Microsoft will make it easy for Baidu customers to upgrade to Windows 10 and will deliver a custom experience for customers in China, providing local browsing and search experiences. Baidu.com will become the default homepage and search for the Microsoft Edge browser in Windows 10. Baidu?s new Windows 10 distribution channel, Baidu "Windows 10 Express" will make it easy for Chinese Internet users to download an official Windows 10 experience. Additionally, Baidu will deliver Universal Windows Applications for Search, Video, Cloud and Maps for Windows 10.
Microsoft also announced other agreements in China:
- Microsoft, Unisplendour Corporation (UNIS) and 21Vianet announced a new cooperation agreement to provide tailor-made hybrid cloud solutions and services to Chinese customers, especially state-owned enterprise customers.
- CETC and Microsoft announced a partnership aimed at exploring support for the configuration, deployment and maintenance of Windows 10 for Chinese users in Specialized Fields in government institutions and critical infrastructure state-owned enterprises.
- Xi?xian New Area, a special development zone, and Microsoft announced on Tuesday cooperation discussions covering projects for big data, cloud computing, smart urbanization, programs for the incubation of startup companies, and ITA/ITOA training.
- Xiaomi announced on Tuesday that, in addition to using a domestic cloud platform operated by its sister company, it will adopt Windows Azure, operated by 21Vianet and based on Microsoft technology, to provide cloud services for Mi Cloud.
- Shanghai Oriental Pearl Media Company (Oriental Pearl) announced on it will adopt Office 365 operated by 21Vianet as part of its business innovation and transformation.
- Microsoft China and the Sichuan Provincial Government signed an MOU covering IT training, startup incubation, and the use of cloud computing and big data to strengthen local economic development.