AMD has stopped offering additional driver releases for the
AMD Radeon HD 8000 Series (HD 8400 and below), Radeon HD 7000 Series (HD 7600 and below), Radeon HD 6000 Series, and Radeon HD 5000 Series graphics cards, saying that they have reached "peak performance optimization."
This means that the specific products have been moved to a legacy support model and no additional driver releases are planned.
AMD is providing a final "As Is" Beta driver together with the release of the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition.
For users looking for a WHQL certified driver, the AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 driver will continue to be available for users running Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7. Users running Windows Vista and older Microsoft operating systems can use the AMD Catalyst 13.12 driver. These drivers are available for download on the Drivers + Download Center page.
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta Driver
- AMD Radeon HD 8000 - HD 8400 (including D/G variants) Series Graphics
- AMD Radeon HD 7000 - HD 7600 (including A/D/G variants) Series Graphics
- AMD Radeon HD 6000 (including A/D/G/M variants) Series Graphics
- AMD Radeon HD 5000 (including M variant) Series Graphics
Applicable Operating Systems:
- Windows 10 (32 & 64-bit versions)
- Windows 8.1 (32 & 64-bit versions)
- Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit versions)
In addition, the drivers retirement includes all APUs using the legacy GPU architectures. So all pre-Kavari APUs: Llano, Trinity, and Richland, are now also legacy APUs.