|Last 7 Days News :
Tuesday, February 23, 2016
Dell Enters The Embedded PC Market with New Embedded Box PCs
Dell islaunching its first purpose-built industrial PC (IPC) products, Embedded Box PC 3000 Series and 5000 Series, aimed at taking the embedded PC market mainstream.
Dell's Embedded Box PCs are fanless, important as the fan is the often most common component failure in embedded use cases. They can be used "headless" or with keyboard, mouse and monitor. Offering extensive wired and wireless input/output (I/O) options, they run on Intel processors. The 3000 Series is powered by Intel Atom processors and designed for space-constrained applications, such as retail kiosks, automated vending devices and vehicles.
The 5000 Series is optimized for performance and I/O scalability. Powered by Intel Core processors, it includes two PCI/PCIe card slots for adaptability. It provides high-bandwidth ideal for industrial PC and IoT use cases (multi-HD video streaming apps and high frequency sensor data sources) as well as manufacturing and automation control.
- Operating temperature range from 0°C to 50°C
- Designed to MIL-STD 810G specifications
- DIN-rail, VESA, or wall mount options
- 5-year lifecycle and OEM-ready options
- Global availability with Dell Support and Deployment services
- Microsoft Windows 7 Pro, Windows 7 Embedded, Windows 10 Pro* and Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSB and Ubuntu Desktop operating systems
The Embedded Box PC 5000 Series and 3000 Series will be available in in summer 2016 starting at USD $1,099 and $1,699.