Razer has upgraded its Razer Blade gaming laptop, which has now a 6th Gen quad-core Intel Core i7 6700HQ Quad-Core processor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M graphics, Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C), and PCIe solid state storage performance.
All thsese are combined with a 14" QHD+ IGZO Display (3200 x 1800 pixels, 5.76 million pixels at 262 pixels per inch), Chroma anti-ghosting keyboard (access to 16.8 million color options per key. registers simultaneous key presses, remap keys and create macros, personalize lighting effects) and Killer Wireless-AC connectivity.
SATA M.2 drives have given way to speedier PCIe drives. The old Intel wireless card has been replaced with a Killer Wireless card. The Nvidia GeForce 970M graphics chip is still a 970M, though now with 6GB of onboard VRAM. And Razer?s sticking with the same 16GB of RAM configuration introduced last year, but now it's using DDR4 memory.
The Blade will also charge by way of USB-C and will be compatible with Razer?s new Thunderbolt 3 graphics amplifier, the Razer Core, whenever it?s released.
The new Blade will start at $1,999 with a 256GB SSD, or $2,199 for a model with a 512GB drive. Last year's models listed for $2,399 and $2,699, respectively.
- Display:14.0" IGZO QHD+, 16:9 Ratio, 3200x1800, with LED backlight, with capacitive multi-touch
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M (6GB GDDR5 VRAM, Optimus Technology)
- Processor: Intel Core i7?6700HQ Quad-Core Processor with Hyper-Threading 2.6GHz / 3.5GHz (Base/Turbo)
- Chipset: Mobile Intel PCHM 100-series chipset, HM170
- Memory: 16GB dual-channel onboard memory (DDR4, 2133MHz)
- Operating System: Windows 10 (64-Bit)
- 256GB SSD (PCIe M.2)
- 12GB SSD (PCIe M.2)
- Communication: Killer Wireless-AC 1535 (802.11a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth 4.1)
- Input & Output
- Multi-point touchscreen interface
- Built-in webcam (2.0MP)
- Anti-ghosting keyboard with Chroma backlighting
- Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)
- USB 3.0 port x3 (SuperSpeed)
- HDMI 1.4b video and audio output
- 3.5mm headphone/microphone combo port
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Array microphone
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater Edition
- 7.1 Codec support (via HDMI)
- Additional Features:
- Razer Synapse enabled with programmable keyboard
- Kensington Security Slot
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM 2.0) security chip embedded
- Power & Battery:
- Compact 165W power adapter
- Built-in 70Wh rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery
- Approx. Size: 0.70 in / 17.9 mm (Height) x 13.6 in / 345 mm (Width) x 9.3 in / 235 mm (Depth)
- Approx. Weight: 4.25 lbs / 1.93 kg