Native Instruments’ TRAKTOR PRO 2 and TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO2 DJ software is now compatible with the DVS feature of Pioneer's flagship DJM-900NXS2 mixer, and the USB-HID control feature of our CDJ-2000NXS2 multi player.
This comes under the Pioneer DJ Certification Program, an initiative to evaluate products from other companies and certify compatibility with Pioneer DJ gear.
Connect the DJM-900NXS2 to your PC/Mac and you can use TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO 2’s hands-on timecode control feature to control digital audio files on your computer using turntables (with the TRAKTOR SCRATCH control vinyl) or via the jog wheels on multi players (using timecode CDs). And set changeovers are easy thanks to two built-in sound cards.
You can use the CDJ-2000NXS2 to control TRAKTOR PRO 2 including scratching and tempo adjustment without needing a timecode disc. The deck also displays track titles, artwork and other information from the software so you can quickly select your next track without looking at your computer.
Registered users can download the latest version of TRAKTOR (version 2.11.0) for free to use the DVS feature with the DJM-900NXS2, or to use USB-HID control with the CDJ2000NXS2. You’ll also need to update your firmware for the CDJ-2000NXS2 to Ver.1.50, and for the DJM-900NXS2 to Ver.1.20 if you haven’t already.
KEY FEATURES OF USING THE DJM-900NXS2 WITH TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO 2
- DVS and scratch control
Plug your PC/Mac into the DJM-900NXS2 and use the TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO 2 control media (control vinyl or CDs) to control and scratch with digital audio files stored on your computer. If you’re using a CDJ-2000NXS2, you don’t need a timecode disc.
- Seamless DJ changeovers
Taking over from the DJ before you and handing over to someone else at the end of your set is seamless thanks to the DJM-900NXS2’s dual built-in sound cards. Two top-loaded USB ports and input selector switches let you and another DJ connect your computers to the mixer at the same time, so there’s no complicated connection process.
- Use the DJM-900NXS2 as an audio output device for TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO 2
Thanks to the DJM-900NXS2’s built-in sound cards, you can output audio signals from TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO 2 without needing an external audio interface. The USB sound cards enable 96 kHz/24-bit high-quality sample processing and you can input/output each audio signal and maintain sound quality just by connecting the mixer to your PC/Mac. Use the settings on your computer to configure the audio routing from the mixer to your preferred mode, such as DJ performance, track recording or track creation.
KEY FEATURES OF USING THE CDJ-2000NXS2 WITH TRAKTOR PRO 2
- Plug your PC/Mac into the CDJ-2000NXS2 and control TRAKTOR PRO 2 without the need for a control disc. Scratch and use performance features including loops, tempo adjustment, and play/cue, which are all linked to the software.
- Track information on CDJ-2000NXS2’s screen
- Text information - Text information will be shown on the CDJ-2000NXS2 display so you can select a track easily by using the rotary selector on each multiplayer.
- Artwork image - Artwork image will also be shown so you can select a track easily not only by titles but also by album covers.
- Waveform display - You can instantly view detailed cue and mix points thanks to the high-resolution, multi-colored overall waveform ("WAVE") for your visual grasp of total composition of the track and the zoomable enlarged waveform ("WAVE ZOOM") newly available when using TRAKTOR PRO2 on the CDJ-2000NXS2 thanks to the USB-HID control.
- Use the CDJ-2000NXS2 as an audio output device for TRAKTOR PRO 2 - The CDJ-2000NXS2’s built-in sound card, will allow you to output audio signals from TRAKTOR PRO 2 without the need for an external audio interface.