Razer today announced the new Razer Blade Pro, which has been redesigned and features a 17.3-inch G-Sync IGZO display, Intel's quad-core i7 CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GT 1080 GPU, up to 2 TB of SSD storage and an ultra-low profile mechanical keyboard.
The new Razer Blade Pro features the latest Intel Core i7 quad-core processor and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU. It is the most powerful system ever built by Razer and the thinnest notebook available with a GTX 1080. Other highlights on the new Razer Blade Pro include Thunderbolt 3, 32 GB of DDR4 dual-channel memory, up to 2 TB of PCI M.2 SSD in RAID 0 storage and a built-in SD card reader.
Its unibody CNC aluminum chassis still 0.88 inches thin while weighing less than eight pounds.
The system's new thermal management system now includes the worlds thinnest manufactured vapor chamber cooling solution in a notebook. The vapor chamber reduces heat resistance and hotspots by spreading heat quickly and evenly. A custom fan design and dynamic heat exchanger are paired with the vapor chamber to maximize heat dissipation.
The rest of the desktop replacement notebook offers a similar approach. A 17.3-inch 4K IGZO monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC technology, capable of displaying 100 percent Adobe RGB color accuracy.
Additionally, the Razer Blade Pro is the first notebook to utilize Razer's Ultra-Low-Profile Mechanical switches. Each switch features an actuation and reset point. Presses are registered with 65 grams of force, mimicking the feel of full-size mechanical keyboards. The keyboard and trackpad are also Powered by Razer Chroma.
The specs for the Blade Pro exceed minimum hardware requirements of HTC Vive, Oculus Rift and OSVR HDK 2.
Units are expected to ship this November and prices start at US$3,699.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (8GB GDDR5X VRAM)
- Intel Core i7-6700HQ Quad-Core Processor (2.6 GHz / 3.5 GHz)
- 17.3-inch IGZO UHD G-SYNC, 16:9 ratio, 3840 x 2160, with LED backlight, with capacitive multi-touch
- Windows 10 64-bit
- 512 GB SSD RAID 0 (2x 256 GB PCIe M.2) / 1 TB SSD RAID 0 (2x 512 GB PCIe M.2) / 2 TB SSD RAID 0 (2x 1 TB PCIe M.2) options
- 32 GB Dual-Channel System Memory (DDR4, 2133 MHz)
- Anti-ghosting individually backlit ultra-low-profile mechanical keyboard
- Killer DoubleShot Pro:
- Killer Wireless-AC 1535 (IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth 4.1)
- Killer E2400 (Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000)
- Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)
- USB 3.0 port x3 (SuperSpeed)
- HDMI 2.0 video and audio output
- SDXC card reader
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater Edition
- 7.1 Codec support (via HDMI)
- 3.5 mm headphone/microphone combo port
- Built-in webcam (2.0 MP)
- Array microphone
- Razer Synapse enabled with programmable keyboard, trackpad, backlighting, and fan control
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM 2.0) security chip embedded
- Kensington security slot
- Compact 250 W power adapter
- Built-in 99 Wh rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery
- Approx. Size: 0.88 in. / 22.5 mm (Height) x 16.7 in. / 424 mm (Width) x 11 in. / 281 mm (Depth)
- Approx. Weight: 7.80 lbs. / 3.54 kg