Chinese company YI Technology, maker of the Yi Action Camera, has announced the YI 4K+, an update to the company's previous YI 4K model.
This third action camera in YI Technology's lineup improves upon the previous model with 4K recording at 60fps rather than 30fps. Yi plans to unveil the camera at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2017 next month.
The company also plans to fly the YI Erida drone, the world's fastest tricopter, for the first time live in the U.S.
YI Erida is the world's first mainstream, full carbon smart drone, which combines strength, speed and YI's 4K Action camera in a three-rotor design. Due to the durable and lightweight nature of Erida's carbon frame and design, YI's first consumer drone is very fast and agile, reaching speeds of up to 75 miles per hour and flying for up to 40 minutes in initial tests. Additional product highlights include:
- Up to 120 minutes of recording time and an integrated, high-resolution camera touchscreen
- Manual IQ parameters for advanced photographers including shutter, exposure value compensation, level sensitivity, metering mode and white balance
- A gimbal system for the smoothest shooting possible
- Patented, folding rotors offering a compact design that makes it portable and easy to carry
- Controlled by the corresponding YI Erida mobile app, making a remote obsolete
- Sensor and radar system with a built-in laser scanner for maximum safety