Ahead of the 2017 Consumer Electronics Show, Toshiba announced the new Portege X20W, a 2-in-1 convertible PC running Windows 10 Pro.
The New Portege X20W features a 360-degree, dual-action hinge that allows this device to transform from a performance-oriented notebook into a premium digital inking tablet by rotating the display. Measuring 15.4mm thin and weighing less than 2.5 pounds, the Portege X20W has a battery life of up to 16 hours and is designed for mobile professionals, educators and students.
The Portege X20W is designed to take advantage of the best of Windows 10 and includes multi-directional microphones to support Cortana, a pair of IR cameras to allow you to login easily with your face or fingerprint using Windows Hello and a touchscreen for digital inking with Windows Ink or marking up webpages in Microsoft Edge.
The Portege X20W encompasses a 7th Generation Intel Core Processor, Windows 10 Pro, 12.5-inch diagonal Full HD multi-touch wide viewing angle display, Intel 802.11ac Wi-Fi and a solid state drive all inside its magnesium casing.
A 360-degree dual-action hinge enables smooth transitions into five core viewing modes-Laptop, Tablet, Tabletop, Presentation and Audience.
Other features of the Portege X20W include:
- Harman Kardon stereo speakers and DTS Sound software.
- A USB Type-C port, USB 3.0 port and headphone/mic combo port. Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- A 12.5-inch diagonal, Full HD (1920 x 1080), multi-touch wide viewing angle display packs over 2 million pixels onto the screen
- Included TruPen using Wacom Feel technology, which can detect 2,048 levels of pressure
- Compatibility with two docking solutions- the Toshiba WiGig Dock and Toshiba Thunderbolt 3 Dock, which will be available later his quarter