ZTE today announced "Hawkeye" as the winning name of the Project CSX eye-tracking, self-adhesive smartphone device at CES 2017.
With 540 name submissions from consumers around the world, the Hawkeye phone is available for pre-order today on Kickstarter at kickstarter.zteusa.com for a discounted price of $199.00.
The phone is expected to ship globally in Q3 2017.
Project CSX kicked off at CES 2016 when ZTE announced its plans to completely crowdsource a mobile device that the company promised to build in 2017. In October 2016, thousands of consumers from 176 countries selected the winning concept, a device that aims for an easier and smoother user experience with eye-tracking capabilities and a self-adhesive back.
Popular Blade Series Coming to the United States with the Blade V8 Pro
ZTE os also bringing the Blade smartphone series to the United States with the Blade V8 Pro.
The Blade V8 Pro is integrating a fingerprint sensor, dual-lens camera, dual SIM slot, expandable storage and more. The Blade V8 Pro, sold unlocked for GSM/UMTS/LTE networks, is available for pre-order today through B&H.com, NewEgg.com and zteusa.com.
At $229.98, the Blade V8 Pro offers:
- Dual Camera: Two 13 MP rear cameras offer more choices when editing photos, including the popular bokeh effect
- Fingerprint Sensor: A fingerprint sensor located on the home button of the phone bridges security and ease of use
- Battery: The large 3140mAh battery is designed to handle all your social media, texting and web-surfing needs. With Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 and battery optimization capabilities, the Blade V8 Pro can last all day and charge quickly when you need it.
- Screen: 5.5 inch Full HD display with Gorilla Glass 3.0
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor with X9 LTE
- Expandable Storage: Choose either a second SIM card or microSD up to 128GB to expand storage
- Dual SIM: The dual SIM slot allows users who travel the ability to switch carriers as needed