Epson today announced the latest Pro L-Series large venue laser projectors. The Pro L-Series come in five new models ranging from 12,000 to 15,000 lumens of color brightness and white brightness plus WUXGA and SXGA+ resolution.
Leveraging Epson's proprietary 3LCD technology, the Pro L-Series integrate a laser-light source with an inorganic phosphor wheel in combination with inorganic LCD panels.
Deigned for rental and staging, as well as permanent large venue installations, the expanded Pro L-Series feature a new remote image capture with a built-in camera for diagnostic purposes, flexible connection options, high native contrast ratio, and simple 360-degree installation and projection at any angle. With Epson's 4K Enhancement technology, which shifts each pixel diagonally by 0.5 pixels to double the resolution, the projectors accept 4K input and enhance a 1080p signal. The new Pro L-Series is also compatible with Epson's selection of lenses.
Epson's flagship Pro L25000U, the first 3LCD laser projector with 25,000 lumens of color brightness and white brightness, will be on display at ISE. The Pro L25000U uses edge blending and auto image calibration.
Additional features of the new Pro L-Series include:
- Native WUXGA (1920 x 1200) with 4K Enhancement technology and SXGA+ resolution for a wider range of venues
- 4K Enhancement Technology - Accepts a 4K signal and enhances a 1080p signal to surpass Full HD image quality, by shifting each pixel diagonally by 0.5 pixels to double the resolution
- Solid-State Laser Light Source - Provides virtually maintenance-free operation up to 20,000 hours
- Connectivity - Supports the full range of inputs including HDBaseT, 3G-SDI, and compatible with Crestron RoomView, AMX, Extron XTP, Control4, and Art-Net
- Web-based Remote Management - Control and monitor projector status via a Web browser
- Professional Installation Features - Full 360-degree installation flexibility, including Portrait Mode, Instant Off power, quieter performance, and AbsoluteBlack contrast ratio
- Limited warranty of 20,000 hours of usage or three years, whichever comes first
The Epson Pro L-Series will be available Fall 2017. Epson did not provide pricing details. The projectors come with a limited warranty of three years or 20,000 hours, whichever comes first, and next business day replacement, including free shipping both ways.