Samsung Electronics' upcoming smartphone Galaxy S8 was actually showcased behind closed doors during the Mobile World Congress last week, while alleged specs have appeared online.
The The Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus, which are said to go on sale on April 21st, were showcased to Samsung's global partners including telecom operators around the world at Hotel Porta Fira, which is located near the Fira Gran Via where the Mobile World Congress took place.
Samsung's partners did not make any comments on the Galaxy S8's specifications or features, but the phone is expected to feature the artificial intelligent assistant Bixby, iris recognition, fingerprint sensors and Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 (Exynos 8895) processors.
Here's the likely technical specification of the Galaxy S8/S8 Plus:
- 5.8-inch (6.2-inch for the S8 Plus) 1440 x 2960 pixel 4K resolution Super AMOLED display
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chip for US market (Exynos 8895 chip for international market)
- Adreno 540 GPU
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB storage
- 3,000mAh (3,500mAh for S8 Plus) battery
- 12-megapixel f/1.7 rear camera
- 8-megapixel front-facing camera
- Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Front-mounted iris scanner
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- IP68 certification
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 back panel
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- USB-C charging
- Fast wireless charging (15W output)
- microSD card slot (supporting up to 256GB)
- Samsung DeX HDMI dock (optional)