Today at Inspire, Microsoft's CEO Satya Nadella unveiled Microsoft 365, which brings together Office 365, Windows 10 and Enterprise Mobility + Security.
Essentially, Microsoft 365 offers businesses a new way to
purchase Office and Windows together.
Microsoft 365 Enterprise is designed for large organizations and integrates Office 365 Enterprise, Windows 10 Enterprise, and Microsoft's Enterprise Mobility and Security features into a single subscription.
Microsoft 365 Enterprise:
- Enables people to work with ink, voice and touch, all backed by tools that utilize AI and machine learning.
- Provides broad set of apps and services with a universal toolkit for teamwork, giving people flexibility in how they connect, share and communicate.
- Unifies management across users, devices, apps and services.
- Helps safeguard customer data, company data and intellectual property with built-in, intelligent security.
Microsoft 365 Enterprise is offered in two plans-Microsoft 365 E3 and Microsoft 365 E5. Both are available for purchase on August 1, 2017.
Microsoft is also offering Microsoft 365 Business, designed for small-to-medium sized businesses with up to 300 users. The package will debut in public preview on August 2nd and integrates Office 365 Business Premium with tailored security and management features from Windows 10 and Enterprise Mobility + Security.
Microsoft 365 Business:
- Connects employees, customers and suppliers.
- Empowers employees to get work done from anywhere, on any device.
- Protects company data across devices with always-on security.
- Simplifies the set-up and management of employee devices and services with a single IT console.
Microsoft 365 Business will be available in public preview on August 2, 2017. It will become generally available on a worldwide basis in the fall of 2017, priced at US $20 per user, per month.
Microsoft also announced a preview of three tailored applications that are coming to Office 365 Business Premium and Microsoft 365 Business:
- Microsoft Listings - A simple email marketing service.
- Microsoft Connections - An easy way to publish business information on top sites.
- Microsoft Invoicing - A new way to create and deliver professional invoices.
Microsoft also said that its mileage tracking app, MileIQ, is now included with Office 365 Business Premium.