|Last 7 Days News :
Thursday, April 19, 2018
Huawei Announces New Honor 10 Flagship Smartphone
Huawei has just announced its latest flagship phone: the Honor 10. Taking some cues from the impressive Huawei P20, the Honor 10 has a notch and comes in psychedelic colors.
The device has an iridescent finish and an all-glass body. A fingerprint sensor is placed below the 5.84-inch 1080p LCD screen, and the bottom edge of the phone you can find a USB-C port and a headphone jack.
The smartphone is powered by the AI-equipped Kirin 970 chip also seen in the Huawei Mate 10 Pro, the P20, and the View 10. The SoC also features the Neural Processing Unit (NPU) on board, providing fast artificial intelligence features in the operating system and the camera. Honor says the AI will enhance photographs, smooth out video, speed up documents, and plenty more.
In terms of cameras, there's a 24-megapixel sensor on the front for hi-res selfies, and a AI-powered timer system seems to improve bokeh-style portrait shots. The smartphone's rear side includes a 16-megapixel and 24-megapixel dual setup with f/1.8 lenses. The camera includes several features we?ve seen in the Huawei P20 and P20 Pro, including the studio lighting portrait photo effects, A.I.-assisted composition, and framing advice.
A new audio chip offers 7.1 channels of Hi-Fi sound, plus there is the China-only Huawei Pay mobile payment platform, augmented reality technology for creating different images, and one of the phone?s preinstalled themes has a lock screen game, rather than simple gestures for unlocking.
The Honor 10 will go on sale on April 27th in China at 2599 yuan ($414) for a model with 6GB of RAM and 64GB of storage, or 2999 yuan ($478) to up the storage to 128GB. It will also be officially announced in the U.K. on May 15.
- Dimensions: 149.6mm x 71.2mm x 7.7mm (L X W x H)
- Weight: About 153 gr (including battery)
- Body material: Metal frame; glass back cover
- Operating system: Android 8.1 EMUI 8.1
- Chip: Kirin 970: 4x Cortex A73 2.36GHz + 4x Cortex A53 1.8GHz, Mali-G72 MP12 767MHz (GPU)
- Dual SIM card (Nano SIM)
- Storage: 64GB
- RAM: 6GB LPDDR4x
- Display: 5.84 inches 2280x1080 pixels IPS LCD, 16 million colors, color saturation (NTSC):96% (typical), 432 PPI
- Front camera: 24 Megapixels, f/2.0, fixed focal length
- Rear cameras: Dual cameras 16-megapixel (color) and 24-megapixel (black and white) dual setup f/1.8 lenses, auto focus (depth focus/phase focus/contrast focus)
- Shooting functions: AI photography, fun AR (AR photo, gesture effects, amazing background), portrait mode, large aperture camera, 3D creative shooting, 3D dynamics Panoramic, black-and-white, HDR, super night view, panoramic photo, time-lapse photography, slow motion, continuous shooting, filters, voice-activated photographing, etc.
- Video shooting:
- Rear camera: Supports 4K video recording, no optical image stabilization
- Front camera: Supports 1080p video recording, no optical image stabilization
- Zoom mode
- Rear Camera: Digital Zoom / Dual Camera Zoom
- Front Camera: Digital Zoom
- Photo resolution
- Rear camera: 5632x4224 pixels
Front camera: 5632x4224 pixels
- Video resolution
- Rear camera: 3840x2160 pixels
- Front camera: 2160x1064 pixels
- Sensors: Gravity, Ambient light, proximity light, Gyro, compass, fingerprint, infrared
- Battery: 3400mAh
- Standby time (hours): About 15 days
- Talk time (hours)
- 3G: about 18 hours
- Connectivity: Wi-fi; Bluetooth, NFC/NFC mode
- Headphone: 3.5mm
- Charging interface type: Type-C, USB 2.0