LG Electronics' new smartphone, the LG G7 ThinQ, is now available in the US.
The newly designed G series phone from LG focuses on AI features and is available at major carriers and national retailers, including Amazon, Best Buy, B&H, Project Fi, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular and Verizon. It will set you back at least $749.
The smartphone is equipped with the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform, 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage.
AI Cam identifies what picture the user is taking using machine learning - sourcing from 1,162 image identifiers, categorized into 19 scenes. It then provides the user with four different filter options that enhance the characteristics of the specific scene, optimizing contrast, saturation and color.
AI Cam also makes recommendations like when to use wide-angle. For example, if taking a group shot, it will detect people are getting cut off and suggest you switch to wide-angle lens by making the wide-angle icon blink.
Google Lens identifies text, landmarks, artwork, media, and real-life objects using the camera so you can instantly search Google for detailed information, reviews on the product or shop for the best price. A tap of the button on the bottom of the phone will launch the Google Assistant while two quick taps will launch Google Lens, a first on any phone.
The new 6.1-inch QHD+ (3120 x 1440) display sporting a 19.5:9 FullVision screen ratio (actual viewable area is less due to rounded corners and notch), and a slimmer bottom bezel, is powered by LG's new LCD technology, Super Bright Display.
The LG G7 ThinQ can be viewed easily even under direct sunlight with its 1,000 nit (based on DCI-P3 standard) display.
The New Second Screen extends all the way to the top, around the notched area that contains the camera and speaker essentials. Users can stay in FullVision mode or turn off for one continuous, smooth look on the top edge of the display.
LG G7 ThinQ uses its inner space as a resonance chamber - this combined with a 39% larger speaker and greater sound levels allows you to listen to louder, boosted sound. When placed on a solid surface or box, the smartphone utilizes its resonance chamber as a woofer to amplify the bass effect even more.
The new phone still harbors a Hi-Fi Quad DAC for rich sound when paired with high-impedance headphones.
The LG G7 ThinQ takes artistic portraits by capturing the background and subject using two lenses and merging them into one image - so the subject is in focus and the background is blurred. Choose to capture instantly or apply the bokeh effect even after the shot is taken. Furthermore, with dual 16 MP rear cameras - one standard and one wide - you can switch between the rear lenses to capture the best shot. The standard lens features a f/1.6 glass lens and 10-bit HDR compatibility, while the wide-angle lens has an improved camera resolution and field of view reaching 107°. Take your selfie experience further using the improved 8MP Sefie Camera.
With a dust and water resistance rating of IP68, the LG G7 ThinQ is sealed against any dust getting inside and can be immersed in 1.5m depth of water for up to 30 minutes. The phone also passed 14 MIL-STD 810G tests designed by the United States military to evaluate the performance of equipment in harsh environmentsiii.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform
- Display: 6.1-inch QHD+ 19.5:9 FullVision Super Bright Display (3120 x 1440 / 564ppi). Actual viewable area is less due to rounded corners and notch.
- LG G7 ThinQ: 4GB LPDDR4x RAM / 64GB UFS 2.1 ROM (47.14 GB usable)/ MicroSD (up to 2TB)
- Rear Dual: 16MP Super Wide Angle (F1.9 / 107°) / 16MP Standard Angle (F1.6 / 71°)
- Front: 8MP Wide Angle (F1.9 / 80°)
- Battery: 3000mAh
- OS: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Size: 153.2 x 71.9 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 162g
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 5.0 BLE / NFC / USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- Colors: Platinum Gray / Aurora Black / Moroccan Blue / Raspberry Rose
- Others: Super Bright Display / New Second Screen / AI CAM / Super Bright Camera / Super Far Field Voice Recognition / Boombox Speaker / Google Lens / AI Haptic / Hi-Fi Quad DAC / DTS:X 3D Surround Sound / IP68 Water and Dust Resistance / HDR10 / Google Assistant Key featuring 19 Custom Commands / Face Recognition / Fingerprint Sensor / Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 Technology / Wireless Charging / MIL-STD 810G Compliant / FM Radio