Toshiba has recently expanded its range of next-generation FlashAir wireless LAN SD cards, with the launch of a 32GB SD card. The high-capacity model that'll let you simultaneously share photos to your smartphone or tablet, the internet and the card itself. The SD card is supporting a special "internet pass-through pass-through" mode that permits connection to a second access point, such as a router, even while saving wirelessly to your handheld device. This removes the need for users to swap between a WiFi connection and the FlashAir card when uploading images to social media sites.
The cards supports class 10 speeds along with 802.11n WiFi.
In short, the FlashAir II Wireless SD Card 2 allows you to share photos without the hassle of pulling the memory card from your camera. By creating its own wireless LAN access point, the FlashAir II lets your friends view pictures on your camera through a browser on your PC, smartphone or tablet. They can download them, too. All they need is a wireless LAN connection.
The FlashAir II Wireless SD Card support simultaneous access from up to seven devices. So you can take photos with your digital camera and they can instantly be accessed and stored on multiple PCs, Macs, Ultrabooks, tablets or smartphones. Best yet, no internet connection is required to access them. So as soon as your images are uploaded, your friends can take a look. And a free FlashAir app makes it easy to share with iOS and Android devices.
These are default features of the FlashAir card and do not require any modification of Software on the SD Card Host (The device in which the FlashAir SD Card is inserted).
- Wireless data transfer function
Wireless data transfer of the data stored on the FlashAir SD Card. Any kind of data stored on FlashAir can be read and transferred by using standard WLAN communication. For example photos taken with digital cameras can be transferred by wireless communication to a PC, smartphone or Tablet PC.
- Easy Wireless setting
It is easily possible to set up the connection from PC and smartphone.
- Low power consumption
Wireless function is switched ON only when necessary to prevent wasteful power consumption of the battery.
- Multiple Connections
Data sharing by multiple connections simultaneously. The Access Point created by FlashAir can be accessed by several remote hosts at the same time.
- Photos and videos card can be transferred over Wi-Fi connection.
- Internet pass-through feature allows you to access the card and internet at the same time.
- Eliminate the need to carry multiple cables just for data transfer.
- Photo and video sharing up to 7 devices simultaneously, without the need for internet connection.
- Free FlashAir app available for iOS and Android devices.
- Easy to set up the connection from laptops, tablets or smart phones.
- Does not require a computer, special driver or software installation on your devices.
- Compatible with most digital cameras.
- Wireless function is switched ON only when necessary to prevent wasteful power consumption of the battery.
- Compliant with SD Association Memory Card Standard.
||8GB, 16GB, 32GB
||Speed Class 10
||Compliant standard SD Memory Card Standard Ver.4.00
|Wireless LAN Standard
|Wireless LAN Security
||WEP, TKIP, AES (WPA, WPA2) WPA2 Default
|Digital Still Camera (DSC)
||Compatible with SDHC™ Memory Card
|Operating System (for config.)
||Windows XP/ Vista/7, MAC-PC, Android, iOS
||Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.
|Applicable Data Formats
||All kinds of data format (ex: .jpg, .mpg, .raw etc.)
|Power Supply Voltage
||2.7 - 3.6V
||32.0 mm (L) ×24.0 mm (W) × 2.1 mm (H)
||-25°C to 85°C (Recommended)
||-40°C to +85°C (Recommended)
|Operational and Storage Humidity
||95%RH (at 25°C, no condensation)