The BCM20737 chip and Broadcom's full portfolio of Bluetooth Smart solutions support iBeacon technology for better device detection and identity. iBeacon is a technology Apple introduced with iOS 7 that uses Bluetooth Low Energy and geofencing to provide apps a level of micro-location awareness, such as trail markers in a park, exhibits in a museum, or product displays in stores. Users can, for example, instantly find their car keys by activating a smartphone application that detects a low-power transmitter on the keys.
The WICED Smart SoC also includes native support for A4WP Rezence wireless charging.
Key Features of the WICED Smart Chip:
- Encryption, decryption, certificate signing, verification and various algorithms for increased privacy
- Support for iBeacon technology
- Support for A4WP Rezence wireless charging
- Integrated software to enable direct connect to NFC tag
- Support for up to eight simultaneous master/slave connections
- Support for audio over Bluetooth Smart enables voice capabilities for toys, remotes and more
- Highly integrated ARM Cortex M3 applications processor
- High receiver sensitivity for maximized range and coverage for Bluetooth peripherals
- On-chip, multi-channel ADC for measuring sensor inputs, battery level and more
- Onboard stack with many profiles embedded, eliminating the need for an external stack
- Support for universal asynchronous receiver/transmitter (UART), serial peripheral interface (SPI) and Broadcom serial control interfaces for communication to external nonvolatile memories, peripheral integrated circuits (ICs) and sensors
The Broadcom BCM20737 is currently sampling with evaluation boards (EVBs) and software development kits (SDKs).