Today, HP announced its most powerful gaming laptop to date: the new OMEN X by HP Laptop powered by Windows 10, available later this year.
Built for gaming enthusiasts and esports athletes seeking performance, the OMEN X Laptop with Windows 10 is built to support virtual reality, while engineered with thermal tech to support unlocked CPUs and factory-overclocked GPUs. Plus, it's packed with memory options for gaming performance in a design with customizable lighting.
For Windows 10 gamers, this device is equipped with native, live game streaming through the Game bar with Mixer, Game Mode, to battle system resource contention, connect with their gaming community through the Xbox app, DirectX 12 support, and more. You can choose between the 17-inch 4K display option for high-resolution gaming, or the 120Hz 1080p display options for fast refresh rates and smooth visuals.
VR-ready on all configurations, the laptop includes features that enhance gameplay:
- Mechanical and RGB LED-per key backlit keyboard, including 2.5 mm travel with tactile feel; RGB LED per key for customizable key maps; independent, programmable macro keys; and, N-Key rollover on every key for anti-ghosting functions
- 17-inch 4K display option for ultimate high-resolution gaming, or 120Hz 1080p display options; and all configurations are NVIDIA G-Sync enabled
- DTS Headphone:X for simulated surround sound with any headset and premium sound featuring HP Dual Speakers with Audio by Bang & Olufsen
OMEN X Laptop powered by Windows 10 Custom-tuning capabilities, including:
- Intel 7th gen Core i7 CPUs with unlocked options for overclocking, XMP memory options for memory overclocking and tested profiles up to DDR4-2800, and factory-overclocked graphics cards up to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
- RAID0 SSD option, PCIe SSD+HDD storage options, or standalone 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD option
- Thermal management including high-performance fans to increase airflow and an integrated vapor chamber on select models with four 3.5 mm heat pipes improve heat transfer from the GPU and CPU to the four rear-corner-mounted radiators
- The OMEN Command Center Software to manage CPU and RAM overclocking, gaming network traffic and latency in online games, and chassis and keyboard lighting
Crafted for expansion with easy upgrading of the system capabilities or swapping parts:
- Single access panel to HDD, SSDs, and RAM, so all end-user replaceable components are easily accessible
- Connect to a range of different gaming accessories with: three USB 3.0 Type A, two Thunderbolt 3-certified USB 3.1 Type C, HDMI 2.0a with HDR support, Mini DisplayPort, RJ45 and a multi-format media card reader
- Dual audio jack with separate microphone input and headset jacks (input/output)
The OMEN X Laptop is expected to be available later this year at HP.com, starting at $1,999.