One of the interesting optional features is what Alienware calls the ALX Chassis. The ALX chassis includes an advanced thermal management system that uses sensors at various locations inside the chassis to optimize cooling and acoustics for these extreme gaming systems. Active vents at the top of the PC open and close dynamically to provide additional heat dissipation and keep the internal components from overheating.
Here are some additional features incorporated into the Alienware Command Center on the new Alienware Aurora:
- AlienFX lighting control system allows you to create customized lighting themes (25 billion lighting configurations possible with the ALX chassis). AlienFX lighting integration is offered in over 60 game titles.
- AlienAdrenaline custom game and application launcher also features a system performance optimizer and performance monitoring tool.
- AlienFusion power management and Thermal Controls to customize your active venting settings.
The updated Alienware Aurora is available in the United States and select countries around the world starting today.
Entry level configuration:
- Unlocked and overclocked Intel Core i7-4820K Ivy Bridge-E processor
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX760 1.5GB DDR5 graphics card
- Starting at $1399. (USD)