Sony today announced Xperia XA2 Plus - further expanding its portfolio of entertainment-focused mid-range smartphones.
Xperia XA2 Plus sports a 18:9 aspect design, with metallic finishing, narrow bezels and thin borders. The 6" Full HD+ display is built to last with Corning Gorilla Glass 5, to help protect against accidental drops. It includes a mini-display mode, letting you switch between a smaller and larger on-screen interface, for easy one-handed operation and typing.
The anodized aluminium frame has a diamond-cut finish. And, unlocking is made easy with the one-touch rear fingerprint sensor - integrated into the metallic back panel.
Xperia XA2 Plus is the first mid-range smartphone to feature Sony's High-Resolution Audio technology, so you can enjoy your music just as it was produced, as the artist intended.
What's more, Sony's Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE HX) automatically upscales your MP3s and compressed sound files to near high-resolution sound quality.
You'll also be able to enjoy better Bluetoothstreaming quality with Sony's LDAC feature - enhanced Bluetooth technology that can handle near High-Resolution Audio quality, so music has never sounded better even when listening via wireless speakers or headphones.
Xperia XA2 Plus's 23MP rear camera packs Sony's large 1/2.3" Exmor RS for mobile image sensor, with ISO 12800 sensitivity. It features 4K movie recording and 120fps slow motion video capture.
The 8MP 120° super wide-angle front camera is engineered specifically with selfies in mind. The "Portrait selfie" mode includes new Bokeh and Beauty features, so you can also adjust the focus in real-time, for a creatively blurred depth-of-field effect.
The smartphone is powered by a 3,580 mAh battery and the Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 Mobile Platform.
And, Sony smart charging technologies; Smart Stamina extends usage during the day, with Battery Care and Qnovo Adaptive Charging ensuring the battery stays healthy over time. Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 technology Quick charging is also supported to give you hours of power with just minutes of charging (requires Quick Charger UCH12W or other compatible charger).
Xperia XA2 Plus launches on Android 8.0 Oreo from late August 2018 in four colours: Silver, Black, Gold and Green - available in Single SIM and Dual SIM.
- Colors: Black, Siilver, Gold, Green
- Memory and storage:
- 4 GB / 6 GB RAM
- 32 GB / 64 GB eMMC internal memory
- Up to 400 GB microSD card
- SIM capability:
- Single SIM
- Dual SIM
- Nano SIM
- Operating System: Google Android O
- Processor (CPU): Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 Mobile Platform
- 3,580 mAh
- Qnovo Adaptive Charging
- Battery Care
- Smart Stamina
- Stamina Mode
- Quick Charging (Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0)
- USB power delivery
- Durability: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Weight: 205 g
- Dimensions: 157 x 75 x 9.6 mm
- 6" Full HD+ 1080p
- Image Enhance Technology
- Main camera:
- 23 MP
- 1/2.3" Exmor RS for mobile image sensor
- Hybrid Autofocus
- Quick Launch & Capture
- Low-light photo: ISO 12800
- 84° wide-angle F2.0 lens
- 5x Clear Image Zoom
- 4K video recording
- 120fps slow-motion video recording
- Front camera
- 8 MP 120° super wide-angle
- 1/4" Exmor R for mobile for mobile image sensor
- Low-light photo: up to ISO 3200
- 120° super wide-angle lens F2.4
- Portrait Selfie effects: Bokeh, Soft skin, Skin brightness, Eye enlargement, Slender face
- GSM GPRS/EDGE (2G)
- UMTS HSPA+ (3G)
- LTE (13G) Cat4/Cat12
- A-GNSS (GPS + GLONASS)3
- WiFi Miracast
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- Google Cast
- USB Type-C
- Fingerprint sensor
- High-Resolution Audio (LPCM, FLAC, ALAC, DSD)5
- DSEE HX
- Clear Bass
- Stereo Recording
- Bluetooth 5 wireless technology, aptX / A2DP
- Qualcomm aptX HD audio4
- FM radio