The building blocks of PS3110 include a quad-core CPU, end-to-end data path protection circuits, and SmartECC technology to provide additional error bit correction while supporting the latest generation 1Ynm/1Znm MLC and TLC NAND.
Image courtesy of PC Perspective.
Working with today's 1Ynm MLC, PS3110 delivers up to 550 MB/s sequential read and 530 MB/s sequential write performance, with random 4K IOPS up 100,000 read and 90,000 write. It has also a AES-256 engine and P-fail feature options.
PS3110 is also Phison's first SSD controller supporting TLC flash, offering SSD solution provider to address the entry-level, cost-centric market.
Phison is closely working with its SSD partners to enable PS3110 to mass-production. The production ramp is expected to be Q3 of 2014.
Key highlights for PS3110 solution include:
- Up to 2 Terabytes support
- 1Ynm and 1Znm SLC, MLC, and TLC support
- Ultra high performance
- Sequential Read: up to 550 MB/s
- Sequential Write: up to 530 MB/s
- 4K Random Read: up to 100,000 IOPS
- 4K Random Write: up to 90,000 IOPS
- Support both commercial and industrial grade requirements
- AES-256, TCG OPAL 2.0 compliant (A10 derivative)
- S.M.A.R.T support with Phison SSD ToolBox
- End-to-end data path protection
- SmartECC RAID data protection
- P-fail protection with SmartFlush and GuaranteedFlush technology
- Read disturb management with SmartRefresh technology
- Global wear-leveling