Qualcomm today introduced its 3rd Generation Qualcomm Snapdragon Automotive Cockpit Platforms, with a new tiering system comprised of Performance, Premiere and Paramount classes for the entry level, mid-tier and super computing platforms, respectively.
The 3rd Generation Snapdragon Automotive Cockpit Platforms are designed with a modular architecture to allow automakers to deliver a variety of customizable options for their consumers. The platforms support AI experiences for in-car virtual assistance, natural interactions between the vehicle and driver, and contextual safety use cases. The platfoms also utilize precise positioning for enhanced navigation solutions, and technologies for audio and rich visual experiences.
The new platforms feature integrated heterogenous computing capabilities, leveraging the multi-core Qualcomm AI Engine, Qualcomm Spectra Image Signal Processor (ISP), fourth-generation Qualcomm Kryo Central Processing Unit (CPU), Qualcomm Hexagon Processor and sixth-generation Qualcomm Adreno Visual Subsystem. The Qualcomm AI Engine optimizes the AI capabilities of all primary Snapdragon cores including CPU, GPU and the Hexagon Processor. The all new Hexagon Processor includes Hexagon Vector eXtensions (HVX) and a dedicated Hexagon Tensor Accelerator (HTA) to provide AI acceleration for a more power-efficient implementation of edge-based machine learning use-cases such as Natural Language Processing and Object classification. The 3rd Generation Snapdragon Automotive Cockpit Platforms also feature the Qualcomm Secure Processing Unit (SPU), engineered to help protect personal and vehicle data, and Qualcomm Vision Enhanced Precise Positioning based camera sensors and computer vision capabilities to support differentiated use-cases on lane-level crowdsourcing of drive data for building map layers.
These platforms include virtualization support compatibility with hypervisor solutions to address the domain convergence of infotainment and instrumentation systems. These new platforms also leverage the same software architecture and framework across all tiers allowing automakers to offer a harmonized user experience independent of the vehicle tier while leveraging the same software framework. The new platforms also offer software support for Android, LINUX high-level and other real-time operating systems, providing flexible software solutions to support mixed criticality solutions, multiple engine control unit (ECU) consolidation, one-to-many high-resolution and refresh rate displays, basic audio to multi-zone, luxury Hi-Fi with multi-mic echo cancellation and noise reduction for voice calls and user interface interaction, and 2D and 3D graphic visualization for vehicle occupants to utilize connected services information, and enjoy protected movie and entertainment content.
The platforms also feature an advanced suite of wireless technologies to support multi-mode cellular connectivity, Wi-Fi 6, as well as enhanced Bluetooth technologies.
Experience Snapdragon Automotive Cockpit Platforms Power:
- AI Experiences: Qualcomm AI Engine for driver and passenger personalization, in-car virtual assistance, and natural voice control, language understanding, and adaptive human machine interfaces
- Contextual Safety for intelligent driving assistance systems, including in-cabin monitoring and ultra-HD surround view monitoring.
- Smarter Navigation: lane-level navigation with visual aid positioning and multi-frequency global navigation satellite system (GNSS) to support augmented reality-based navigation systems
- Visual Experiences: support for multiple displays throughout the vehicle, including ultra-wide panoramic displays, reconfigurable 3-D digital instrument clusters, augmented reality heads-up display (HUD), and ultra-HD media streaming
- Audio: provides premium audio experiences, including personalized multi-audio zones customized for each user, crystal clear in-car communication and active noise and echo cancellation with engine noise suppression capabilities
Samples of the 3rd generation Snapdragon Automotive Cockpit Platforms are available now.