Roku, Inc. is expanding its portfolio of audio products to include the new Roku Smart Soundbar and Roku Wireless Subwoofer.
Designed for how people watch television, the Roku Smart Soundbar is an easy way to add premium sound and movie, TV and music streaming to any TV with an HDMI input. The optional Roku Wireless Subwoofer expands the Roku Smart Soundbar with even deeper, richer bass. Both products are available for pre-order from Roku.com starting today for $179.99 MSRP each.
The Roku Smart Soundbar is powered by the Roku OS. The Roku Smart Soundbar reduces clutter while featuring simple set up, a home screen while providing access to 500,000+ movies and TV episodes and millions of songs. Four drivers offer clarity, depth and dynamic bass response. Advanced volume modes enable Roku consumers to reach for the remote less often. Automatic Volume Leveling offers uniform audio level across various types of content, including quieting loud commercials. Night mode lowers the volume for louder scenes and boosts it for quieter ones. Speech Clarity boosts voice frequencies to address intelligibility for clear dialogue. Automatic software updates will deliver new capabilities over time. Additional features include:
- Roku Connect: A wireless protocol that connects the Roku ecosystem
- Dolby Audio
- Bluetooth: Listen to your favorite music, podcasts, and more from streaming channels or Bluetooth compatible devices
- HDMI ARC or Optical Support: Connect the Roku Smart Soundbar to a TV with a single cable via HDMI ARC or use HDMI and Optical
- Roku Search: Cross-channel search offers results ranked by price
- Roku Voice: Makes it easy to launch streaming channels, search for entertainment, replay, turn closed captions on and off and more through the Roku Voice Remote
- Voice Assistant Compatibility:The Roku Smart Soundbar works with Google Assistant and is compatible with Amazon Alexa-enabled devices
- Roku Voice remote: The point-anywhere remote features channel shortcut buttons and TV on/off buttons
The optional Roku Wireless Subwoofer adds bass to a Roku Smart Soundbar without needing to run a separate audio cable. Featuring a wireless setup, and a sealed cabinet design with a 10-inch driver, the Roku Wireless Subwoofer allows users to expand the audio of the Roku Smart Soundbar with for a theater-like experience in the home. Roku TV Wireless Speakers that are connected to Roku TV models will receive a software update in the coming months to add compatibility with the Roku Wireless Subwoofer.
The Roku Smart Soundbar and Roku Wireless Subwoofer are each priced at $179.99 MSRP. Both are available for pre-order at Roku.com starting today and are expected to ship in October. General availability at Best Buy and Roku.com is also expected in October.