Seagate Technology has made available the 1200.2 Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) Solid State Drive (SSD), the first product to result from a strategic alliance between Seagate and Micron Technology announced earlier this year. The SAS SSD platform is the first 12 gigabits-per-second (Gb/s) SAS device to optimize dual channel throughput with up to 1800 megabytes-per-second (MB/s) sequential reads and offer multiple endurance choices within a single hardware and firmware design.
The Seagate 1200.2 SAS SSD is engineered for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and system builders who design and build scalable, modular storage solutions for enterprise applications. It's also available to enterprise end users who want to directly upgrade and expand their existing SAS storage infrastructure and investment. The Seagate 1200.2 SAS SSD provides data protection and reliability that protects data from undetected, unintentional corruption and prevents unauthorized access to the drive and stored data with three levels of security.
Additional features include the following:
- Storage density range includes 4TB-class capacity in a 2.5-inch form factor
- Dual-port SAS interface configurable to provide up to 1800 MB/s sequential read performance or high data availability with failover redundancy and no single point of failure.
- New Power Loss Protection (PLP) maintains high data integrity to prevent loss of user data in flight in the event of unexpected power interruptions.
- Data protection and reliability, achieved by combining full internal and external data path protection and multi-layered error recovery technology with error detection/correction encoding optimized for NAND media.
- Three levels of security including secure diagnostics and download (SD&D), Seagate Secure Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) and FIPS drive.
The Seagate 1200.2 SAS SSD will ship to channel partners in August 2015.. Public demonstrations of the 1200.2 SAS SSD can be seen in the Seagate booth at the Flash Memory Summit in Santa Clara, CA next week.
|Seagate 1200.2 SAS SSD specifications|
|Capacities (GB)||200, 400||400, 800, 1600, 3200||400, 480, 800, 960, 1600, 1920, 3200, 3840||1920, 3840|
|Sequential Read||1800 MB/s||1800 MB/s||1750 MB/s||1700 MB/s|
|Sequential Write||600-800 MB/s||600-800 MB/s||390-750 MB/s||500 MB/s|
|4kB Random Read||205k-210k IOPS||205k-210k IOPS||170k-190k IOPS||140k IOPS|
|4kB Random Write||70k IOPS||66k-70k IOPS||35k IOPS||15k IOPS|
|Average latency||115 ?s|
|Endurance||25 DWPD||10 DWPD||3 DWPD||1 DWPD|