Sony has announced its new XH90 4K HDR Full Array LED TV series going on sale in Europe by the end of May.
The XH90 mid-range TV offers a mix of Sony’s signature picture quality, sound design and ease of use, and could be also used for playing games.
The XH90 TVs incorporate Sony’s Full-Array Local Dimming and Boosting technology, which dynamically changes the light levels in sections of the screen depending on the content, resulting in an increase in contrast and brightness.
In the sound department, the XH90 series TVs come equipped with Acoustic Multi-Audio (in 65” models and above), which includes two sound positioning tweeters at the back of the TV that enable sound to follow the action on the screen. Additionally, designed to complement the sound quality and slimness of the TV with its new shape, Sony’s X-Balanced Speaker drives movies and music with clear sound.
For the upcoming next generation gaming consoles, the XH90 series TVs will support 4K 120fps high frame rate and fast response time via HDMI inputs.
The XH90 TVs continue to deliver the creator’s intent with Netflix Calibrated Mode. This mode was specially developed to enjoy Netflix originals and reproduce the same picture quality on a TV as on a studio evaluation master.
The XH90 line-up features Android TV with the Google Assistant, Google Play Store and Chromecast built-in, which offers users access to content, services and devices via its extensive platform. Sony’s original user interface menus and voice controls are also enhanced for better daily use. With the Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa enabled devices, you may cast and control videos from YouTube with Google Home or change the channel or volume with Amazon Alexa enabled devices. Apple AirPlay 2 users can stream movies, music, games and photos to their television right from their iPhone, iPad or Mac. The Apple HomeKit technology provides an easy way for users to control their television from their iPhone, iPad or Mac.
The XH90 4K HDR Full Array TVs will go on sale in Europe by the end of May.
- Screen sizes: 85”, 75”, 65” and 55”
- 4K HDR Processor X1
- Features full-array local dimming backlight with X-tended Dynamic Range
- Offers Acoustic Multi-Audio with X-Balanced Speaker (65” model and above only; X-Balanced Speaker will be utilised in all inch sizes)
- TRILUMINO Display
- Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos compatible
- Diamond cut bezel for slim design
- Works with Smart Speakers, including Google Home and Amazon Alexa enabled devices
- Easy connectivity to most devices, including Apple AirPlay 2, HomeKit
- Quick access to an array of content and services with Android TV
- 4K 120fps compatible (via a future software update)
- Netflix Calibrated Mode
- Custom Mode, along with Sony's other calibrated viewing modes, provides various viewing options to suit customers’ tastes