A Blu-ray Disc optical drive, Sonys own S-Force Front Surround 3D system and an HDMI output are also available.
Graphics is powered by NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M with 1GB dedicated VRAM card as well as a second generation Intel Core i7 Processor with 4 cores. It comes with Windows 7 Home Premium operating system.
The VAIO F Series 3D laptop will start at around $1,700 and will be available next month for pre-orders at www.sony.com/pr/fseries.
Other Sony VAIO computers appearing at CES 2011 include:
VAIO Y Series Laptop
Available for pre-sales at www.sonystyle.com/ybseries for about $550
- 11.6-inch LED backlit display
- Easy to tote at just over 3 pounds - Equipped with an energy-efficient LED backlit display
- HDMI output
- One touch help with convenient ASSIST button
VAIO L Touch HD PC/TV
Available this spring at www.sonystyle.com/lseries for about $1200
- HD PC/TV with a 24-inch multi-touch screen for touch access to internet, TV, music --touchable area expands to the edge of the screen
- Blu-ray Disc playback/ recording (select models) and CD/DVD playback/ recording
- Complementing its built-in TV tuner (select models) the unit connects with a PS3 or satellite box via the HDMI input
- Wall-mountable to save on space while delivering a clean cable-free look in any room of your house
- Stylish wireless keyboard and wireless mouse--optional keyboard skins in eye-catching colors
VAIO S Series Laptop
Available for pre-sales at www.sonystyle.com/sseries and at select retailers around the country for about $900
- 13.1-inch, 16:9 aspect ratio widescreen display with LED backlight - Premium portability at just 4.4 lbs (with standard battery) with durable magnesium casing
- Up to 5 hours of standard battery life and up to 7.5 hours with a large capacity battery (sold separately)
- Intel Wireless Display enabled for easy, wireless streaming of content to compatible HDTV
- HDMI output for displaying movies, photos and more on a compatible HDTV