The UltraGig 6400 combines the beam-forming technology of a 60GHz RF transceiver with an embedded antenna array to enable a high-bandwidth video link to WirelessHD-compliant receivers and displays, thereby eliminating all interference with Wi-Fi-based solutions.
The integrated baseband network processor ensures that high-quality HD video can be transmitted with near-zero latency and without consuming host processor resources. This approach is suited for mobile gaming and interactive video applications.
The device is designed for low power operation, with all components in a small form factor 10mm x 7mm package. This simplifies system integration and eliminates the need for discrete antenna placement.
Key features of the UltraGig 6400 include:
- WirelessHD 1.1 compliant RF transceiver and baseband processor
- Integrated in-package 60GHz antenna array
- Ultra-low end-to-end system latency of less than 5ms
- 500mW typical power consumption
- Support for video resolutions up to 1080p full HD with multi-channel audio - Standard video and control interfaces to popular mobile application processors
- Fully compatible with Silicon Image Gen3 and all WirelessHD 1.1 compliant receivers
- Integrated MHL 2.0 compliant transmitter for optional wired HD video connections