Silicon Image has just released the SiI9779 superMHL/HDMI 2.0 port processor, offering support for the MHL Consortium’s latest specification designed for the home theater/CE market.
Manufacturers can use the SiI9779 to create a new generation of products, enabling consumers to connect superMHL 8K source devices to TVs and monitors using the reversible superMHL connector. The superMHL input also enables MHL mobile devices to deliver resolutions of 4K 60fps and beyond through existing and new connectors such as the USB Type-C with MHL Alt Mode. Three HDMI 2.0 inputs allow connections to existing Blu-ray Disc players, AVRs, streaming media sticks, and other source devices. Full support for HDCP 2.2 ensures the secure delivery of premium content.
The SiI9779 port processor supports:
- One superMHL input and three HDMI 2.0 inputs for display applications
- One superMHL output for source applications such as STBs
- 8K 60fps video resolution as outlined in the superMHL specification
- New, reversible 32-pin superMHL connector
- USB Type-C with MHL Alt Mode
- High Dynamic Range (HDR), Deep Color, BT.2020
- Object audio – Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, 3D audio, audio-only mode
- High bit-rate audio extraction
- HDCP 2.2 premium content protection