Vuzix will be attending Showstoppers on Sunday February 24th in Barcelona, and will demonstrate to media the latest features of Vuzix Blade AR Smart Glasses.
Vuzix will be demonstrating the "Day in the Life with Blade" experience at MWC along with showing some new products at its booth. The Vuzix M300XL Smart Glasses built for enterprise will be featured alongside Vuzix enterprise software partners demonstrating their applications running at the Vuzix booth which includes AMA, Re'Flekt, Zerintia and Ubimax.
The Blade will also be demonstrated at the SK Telecom booth as part of MobiledgeX and SK Telecom's demonstration of next generation connected devices and edge-enabled application experiences featuring 1000 Realities Mobile Edge Computing application running on the Vuzix Blade and at the Qualcomm booth as part of their advanced products showcase.
With the latest release of Blade OS 2.1 (available early March), Vuzix will be demonstrating several new features including:
- Incoming phone call notifications for Android and iOS Blade users, including the option to answer, ignore or decline the phone call.
- Navigation push instructions that include turn by turn driving notifications pushed from an Android phone directly into the display of the Blade.
- Voice assistant support now includes a new single gesture control "shortcut" that will activate voice from any app or widget location.
- GPS APIs that are now available from the phone through the Blade, which will open up a series of location-aware and location-based applications for the Blade, including the public release of the AccuWeather and Yelp applications.
- The enablement of wireless photo and video sharing directly between the Blade and the smart phone for sharing video or pictures taken on the Blade with friends and family via email, messenger platforms and social media outlets.
"The latest Blade OS and Vuzix Blade Companion apps provide Blade users with a powerful set of new capabilities and features that mark a significant step forward for the Vuzix Blade Smart Glasses," said Paul Travers, Vuzix President and Chief Executive Officer. Throughout the year, Vuzix will be refining and adding new capabilities to the device. In the coming weeks, Blade users can expect the release of GPS-based applications including weather from AccuWeather and connections to local businesses via Yelp, as well as other Blade applications that include news, sports, entertainment and utility apps via the Vuzix App Store."