Dell unveiled more details on a new lineup of Latitude 2-in-1s designed for businesses.
The Windows-based 2-in-1 PCs are offering manageability and service features, including the latest 7th Gen Intel Core vPro processors, security via multi-factor authentication, encryption and malware protection, full device serviceability and mobile broadband options.
The Latitude 7000 12-inch 2-in-1 (7285) features a tablet and detachable keyboard design. First unveiled at CES 2017, it's the first wireless charging 2-in-1. Integrating WiTricity's magnetic resonance wireless charging technology, the device is built to transform any workspace into a clutter-free environment. When combined with a charging mat and WiGig wireless dock (sold separately), users can remove the 2-in-1 from the mat without the need to unplug any cables, and return it to the mat to automatically recharge and connect to additional wireless peripherals such as a display, wireless keyboard and mouse.
The Latitude 5000 12-inch 2-in-1 (5289) features a 360-degree hinge that accommodates multiple work styles - transitioning between laptop, tablet, stand and tent modes - and delivers up to 17 hours of battery life. This August, Dell will launch a new addition to this design - the Latitude 7000 13-inch 2-in-1 (7389) - that will deliver all of the capabilities of the 5289 but feature a larger, 13-inch display. The full-touch Corning Gorilla Glass display on both convertibles is reflection and smudge resistant, and supports the Dell Active Pen, built with pen pressure sensing to make writing natural.
Dell offers secure commercial PCs with endpoint security solutions that include encryption, advanced authentication and malware protection. The new Latitude 5000 and 7000 Series 2-in-1s are built with a set of security features including ControlVault (isolated credential authentication) with FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certification, TPM 2.0 (FIPS 140-2 Level 2), and Dell Client Command Suite management tools. These built-in security features can be augmented with Dell Data Security Solutions, including Dell Endpoint Security Suite Enterprise for data encryption and threat prevention in a single suite or Dell Data Guardian for file-based data encryption that protects, controls and monitors data both inside and outside of the network. Dell is the only major PC manufacturer to have a line of business dedicated to data and endpoint security.
U.S. Pricing and Availability
- The Dell Latitude 5000 12-inch convertible 2-in-1 (5289) is available on Dell.com starting at $899.99 (Intel Core i3-7100U, 128GB SSD, 4GB memory)
- The Dell Latitude 7000 13-inch convertible 2-in-1 (7389) is expected to be available on Dell.com in August 2017. Pricing will be made available closer to product launch.
- The Dell Latitude 7000 12-inch detachable 2-in-1 (7285) is available on Dell.com starting at $1,199.99 (Intel Core i5-7Y54, 128GB SSD, 8GB memory).
- Accessory options include:
- Dell Latitude 7285 Productivity Keyboard (without wireless charging) $249.99
- Dell Latitude 7285 Wireless Charging Keyboard $379.99
- Dell Latitude 7285 Wireless Charging Mat $199.99
- Dell Latitude 7285 Wireless Charging Keyboard and Wireless Charging Mat $549.99