1. Introduction / Retail Package
G.skill keeps releasing products that support the AMD AM5 platform. While we have already tested the Trident Z5 Neo RGB series, there are other lineups for the AMD platform, without RGB but with very fast performance as well. Designed for DDR5-enabled AMD AM5 platforms, Flare X5 series DDR5 memory is built for high performance in a low-profile design. Featuring AMD EXPO overclocking profiles for easy memory overclocking, users can easily enable overclocked performance by simply enabling EXPO in the BIOS on compatible systems.
Designed for AMD, Engineered for Performance
Created from high-quality hand-screened DDR5 DRAM ICs, Flare X5 memory kits are designed for performance on AMD platforms. Featuring AMD EXPO (EXtended Profiles for Overclocking) profiles, Flare X5 allows simple one-step memory overclocking through BIOS on supported motherboards.
Available in anodized matte black, the Flare X5 memory module features a minimalistic design inspired by classic racing stripes and grills, and is ideal for a variety of build themes with its simple design.
Created for Quality
Each Flare X5 memory kit is created with hand-screened ICs and tested under G.SKILL’s rigorous validation process to ensure outstanding quality.
Compact Low-Profile Design
Featuring a low-profile height of just 33mm, the Flare X5 is an ideal choice for compact PC builds or systems with large CPU coolers*.
* Please check the specifications of your CPU cooler for actual height clearance.
AMD EXPO Support
Just set and go. Programmed with AMD EXPO overclocking profiles, the only thing that stands between you and awesome performance is a simple BIOS setting.*
* Enable the EXPO profile in the BIOS to reach up to the rated overclock speed of this memory kit. Maximum memory speed and system stability depends on the capability of the motherboard & CPU.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
All G.SKILL memory products come with a limited lifetime warranty and the G.SKILL technical team is always ready to provide consumers with complete technical support via online forum, telephone, and email.
- Full specifications
- Memory Type DDR5
- Capacity 64GB (32GBx2)
- Multi-Channel Kit Dual Channel Kit
- Tested Speed (XMP/EXPO) 5600 MT/s
- Tested Latency (XMP/EXPO) 36-36-36-89
- Tested Voltage (XMP/EXPO) 1.25V
- Registered/Unbuffered Unbuffered
- Error Checking (ECC) Non-ECC
- SPD Speed (Default) 4800 MT/s
- SPD Voltage (Default) 1.10V
- Fan Included No
- Warranty Limited Lifetime
- Features AMD EXPO Profile Ready
- Do not mix memory kits. Memory kits are sold in matched kits that are designed to run together as a set. Mixing memory kits will result in stability issues or system failure.
- Memory kits that are "Intel XMP 3.0 Ready" only includes XMP, and memory kits that are "AMD EXPO Profile Ready" only includes EXPO.
- Prior to enabling XMP or EXPO, memory kits will boot at default BIOS settings with compatible hardware.
- For memory kits with XMP or EXPO, enable XMP/EXPO/DOCP/A-XMP profile in BIOS to reach the rated potential XMP or EXPO overclock speed of the memory kit, subject to the use of compatible hardware.
- Reaching the rated XMP/EXPO overclock speed and system stability will depend on the compatibility and capability of the motherboard and CPU used.
- Usage in any manner inconsistent with manufacturer specifications, warnings, designs, or recommendations will result in lower speeds, system instability, or damage to the system or its components.
- Retail package
There are three different lineups of Flare X5 memory modules for the AMD platform with different memory frequencies:
- F5-5200J3636D32GX2-FX5: DDR5-5200 CL36-36-36-83 1.25V
- F5-5600J3636D32GX2-FX5: DDR5-5600 CL36-36-36-89 1.25V
- F5-6000J3040G32GX2-FX5: DDR5-6000 CL30-40-40-96 1.40V
For our tests, we received the 5600 CL36 memory modules at 64GB capacity (2x32GB). The retail price is around ~200 Euro/USD around the same amount as other vendors, even though most of them are selling CL40 cache latency kits, so the G.Skill offer is faster. Before buying this memory, we advise you to also visit the G.Skill QVL support page to check out your motherboard compatibility. The retail kit is easy to open and includes two memory sticks:
The memory modules have a matte heat heat-spreader with black color the Flare X5 mark at the front and the G.Skill logo at the top.
At the back, you will find the supported running speed and other information. The memory modules at the tallest area are 3.3cm, which makes them ideal for all motherboards and configuration
The G.Skill FlareX5 modules fit perfectly with black-coloured motherboards, even a version without any logos would be ideal for a total black stealth look.