Kingston has recently released a new product designed to help users wirelessly transfer files across devices using SD cards and USB storage devices. As a reader and media streamer for SD cards and USB devices, the MobileLite Wireless we have in our labs is a small device consisted of an SD card reader attached to a wireless transceiver (Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11g/n.) It allows you to connect wirelessly to a memory card inserted in the MobileLite Wireless. The device works with Apple devices and Android based devices (2.3 and up) as well as with PCs and Apple computers through browser. According to Kingston, the wireless signal strength is rated up to 30 feet / 10 meters.
The MobileLite Wireless Wi-Fi is pre-configured for channel 11. Available radio channel options are channels 1 (2412 MHz) – 13 (2472 MHz) within the 2.4GHz radio spectrum. The MobileLite Wireless can be configured for alternative channels following the 1-6-11 rule for non-overlapping channel selection to reduce any interference with neighboring Wi-Fi networks. You may manually configure a channel via the MobileLite Wireless application. MobileLite Wireless Wi-Fi security settings can be configured for WPA2 only.
The MobileLite Wireless can also be configured in a bridge mode to allow your device to access the internet or local area network through the MobileLite Wireless while simultaneously accessing the MobileLite Wireless contents. The capability to connect to a wireless access point will allow users to enjoy MobileLite Wireless content and browse the internet simultaneously.
- Access to your existing SD and USB storage
from your mobile device
- Multiple users — up to three different movies to three different devices at the same time
- Battery backup — use the built-in battery to charge your phone and keep you mobile
- Wireless — share files quickly and easily using Wi-Fi
- Inputs for storage USB and SD — reads SD, SDHC, SDXC and microSD (with included adapter)
- File Format FAT, FAT32, NTFS, exFAT
- Dimensions 124.8mm x 59.9mm x 16.65mm
- Weight 98g
- Wireless network interface Wi-Fi 802.11g/n with wireless security (WPA2)
- Rechargeable battery up to 5 hours of continuous use
- Battery built-in Li-Polymer 1800 mAh 3.7v
- Local storage wirelessly transfer files to and from the MobileLite Wireless app and the MobileLite Wireless hardware
- Camera Roll support allows users to move photos from their mobile device to MobileLite Wireless in order to free up space
- Cable USB to micro USB cable included
- Operating temperature 0°C to 40°C
- Storage temperature -10°C to 45°C
- Guaranteed one-year warranty, free technical support
- Customizable device name (SSID) User-selectable Wi-Fi priority list when there are multiple APN/keys available
- File support MobileLite Wireless can store any file type. Playback and viewing are based on the files supported by the mobile device
- General file format support ( MobileLite Wireless can store any file type. Playback and viewing are based on the files supported by the mobile device.
- Video : m4V, mp4 (H. 264 video codec)
- Image: jpg,tif
- Document: pdf
• Computer running Windows® 8, Windows® 7, Windows Vista® (SP1, SP2), Windows XP (SP2,
SP3), Mac OS X (10.5.x+), Linux (v.2.6+ kernel) operating system.
• USB 2.0 support to transfer files to the memory card in the MobileLite Wireless.
• Devices Supported:
o iPad, iPhone 3G/3GS/4/4S/5, iPod Touch (3G is limited to iOS 4.2.1++).
o Android phones and tablets running 2.3 and up.
• Device Operating System for App access:
o iOS 4.2.1 and up.
o Android 2.3 and up.
• Browser Support through "http://192.168.200.254" or "http://mobilelite.home" (not device
o Internet Explorer 8+.
o Firefox 6.0.2+.
• Internet access to download the MobileLite Wireless application on Apple App Store or Google Play