The ATI Stream Software Development Kit (SDK) is a complete development platform created by AMD to allow developers to develop applications accelerated by ATI Stream technology. The SDK allows the development applications in a high-level language, OpenCL (Open Computing Language).
OpenCL is an open and royalty-free programming standard for general-purpose computations on heterogeneous systems. OpenCL allows programmers to preserve their source code investment and target both multi-core CPUs and the latest GPUs, such as those from AMD.
What's New in v2.0
- First production release of ATI Stream SDK with OpenCL 1.0 support.
- New: Support for OpenCL ICD (Installable Client Driver).
- New: Support for atomic functions for 32-bit integers.
- New: Microsoft Visual Studio 2008-integrated ATI Stream Profiler performance analysis tool.
- Preview: Support for OpenCL / OpenGL interoperability.
- Preview: Support for OpenCL / Microsoft DirectX 10 interoperability.
- Preview: Support for double-precision floating point basic arithmetic in OpenCL C kernels.
- Updated OpenCL runtime to conditionally load ATI CAL runtime libraries to allow execution on compatible CPUs without ATI Catalyst installed.
- Updated OpenCL runtime to allow simultaneous use of OpenCL and ATI CAL APIs in a single user application.
- Updated cl.hpp from the Khronos OpenCL working group release.
- Various OpenCL compiler and runtime fixes and enhancements
For additional information and downloads visit http://developer.amd.com/gpu/ATIStreamSDK/Pages/default.aspx