EnGenius, apart from the enterprise edition network products, has introduced to the market, more budget products under the Fit brand name, promoting the easiness of installing consumer products at home/small business with the corresponding application, that EnGenius provides for free. Today we will examine their entry-level proposal, called EWS356-FIT Access Point.
EnGenius Fit Managed EWS356-Fit Wi-Fi 6 2x2 indoor wireless access point is a business-class device that
provides secure and reliable high performance while reducing capital and operating expenses for cost-conscious
With support for the latest 802.11ax technology, this access point can deliver maximum speeds of 574 Mbps (2.4 GHz) and 2,400 Mbps (5 GHz).
Additionally, it features an easy-to-use web interface for cloud or on-premises management options based on network architecture and technical aptitude.
- Dual concurrent 802.11ax architecture & backward-compatible with 11ac/a/b/g/n client devices; 2x2 antenna
- Supports up to 2,400 Mbps in 5-GHz frequency band& 574 Mbps in 2.4-GHz frequency band
- Select cloud or on-premises management options based on network architecture, administrative permissions
- From anywhere cloud visibility and control
- Setup in minutes with app-based step by step instructions
- Quick-scan device register, remote monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Real-time system metrics, analytics, and remote configurations
- No access point licensing or subscription fees
- Uplink and downlink of OFDMA improves transmission to APs and client devices.
- Target wake time for power-saving of client & IoT devices
- Uplink & downlink of MU-MIMO for optimal signal& reception reliability for up to 2 devices
- BSS coloring for tagging packets with a “color” to differentiate between adjacent basic service sets.
- Spatial reuse identifies color sets via BSS coloring& simultaneously transmits on the same channel, reducing
transmission waiting time and contention.
- GigE PoE-Compliance with 802.3at & 48V PoE input for flexible installation up-to 328 feet
- Mesh wireless support simplifies setup, optimizes signals & self-heals
- Technical Specifications
IEEE 802.11ax on 2.4 GHz IEEE 802.11ax on 5 GHz
Backward compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
Qualcomm® Dual-Core CPU ARM Cortex A53 @ 1.0GHz
2 x 2.4 GHz: 4 dBi
2 x 5 GHz: 5 dBi
Integrated Omni-Directional Antenna
1 x 10/100/1000 BASE-T, RJ-45 Ethernet Port 1x DC Jack
1 x Reset Button
LED Indicators 1 x Colors LEDs Power Source
Power-over-Ethernet: 802.3af Input 12VDC /2A
Maximum Power Consumption
Wireless & Radio Specifications Operating Frequency
Dual-Radio Concurrent 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz
Operation Modes AP, Mesh, AP Mesh Frequency Radio
2.4 GHz: 2400 MHz ~ 2482 MHz
5 GHz: 5150 MHz ~ 5250 MHz, 5250 MHz ~ 5350 MHz, 5470
MHz ~ 5725 MHz, 5725 MHz ~ 5850 MHz
Up to 21 dBm on 2.4 GHz Up to 21 dBm on 5 GHz Tx Beamforming (TxBF)
Radio Chains/Spatial Stream
Two (2) spatial streams SU-MIMO for 2.4GHz and two (2) spatial streams SU-MIMO for 5GHz up to
2,974Mbps wireless data rate to a single 11ax wireless client device under both the
2.4G Hz and 5GHz radios.
Two (2) spatial streams Multiple (MU)-MIMO for up to 2,400 Mbps wireless data rate to transmit to
one (1) two streams MU-MIMO 11ax capable wireless client devices under 5GHz simultaneously.
Two (2) multiple (MU)-MIMO for up to 574 Mbps wireless data rate to transmit to one (1) two streams
MU-MIMO 11ax capable wireless client devices under 2.4GHz simultaneously.
Supported Data Rates (Mbps)
• 2.4 GHz: 9 to 574 (MCS0 to MCS11, NSS = 1 to 2)
• 5 GHz: 18 to 2,400 (MCS0 to MSC11, NSS = 1 to 2)
802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11
802.11a/g: 6, 9, 12, 18, 36, 48, 54
802.11n: 6.5 to 300 Mbps (MCS0 to MCS15)
802.11ac: 6.5 to 867 Mbps (MCS0 to MCS9, NSS = 1 to 2)
Supported Radio Technologies
802.11ax: Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) 802.11b: Direct-sequence
spread-spectrum (DSSS) 802.11ac/a/g/n: Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple (OFDM) Channelization
802.11ax supports high efficiency (HE)—HE 20/40/80/160 MHz 802.11ac supports very high throughput
(VHT)—VHT 20/40/80 MHz 802.11n supports high throughput (HT)—HT 20/40 MHz
802.11n supports very high throughput under the 2.4GHz radio–VHT40 MHz (256-QAM)
802.11n/ac/ax packet aggregation: A-MPDU, A-SPDU
802.11ax: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM, 256-QAM, 1024-QAM
802.11ac: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM, 256-QAM
802.11a/g/n: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM
802.11b: BPSK, QPSK, CCK
8 SSIDs for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz radios.
Supports 802.1q SSID-to-VLAN Tagging
Cross-Band VLAN Pass-Through
Supports 802.1d Spanning Tree Protocol
QoS (Quality of Service)
Compliant With IEEE 802.11e Standard
v1, v2c, v3
I/II, Private MIB
WPA2 Enterprise (AES)
Hide SSID in Beacons
MAC Address Filtering, Up to 32 MACs per SSID
Wireless STA (Client) Connected List
Environment & Physical
Operating: 32ºF~104ºF (0 ºC~40 ºC)
Storage: -40 ºF~176 ºF (-40 ºC~80 ºC)
Operating: 90% or less
Storage: 90% or less