NHK has developed an HDR system compatible with conventional TV systems in collaboration with the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation).
This path-breaking 8K HDR LCD was developed jointly by NHK and Sharp to apply the HDR technology to 8K (Super Hi-Vision) TV.
- Screen size: 85-inch (about 190 cm x 105 cm)
- Number of pixels: 7,680 horizontal x 4,320 vertical
- Frame frequency: 60Hz (120Hz refresh)
- Bit-depths: Equivalent to 12 bits for each of R, G, and B
- Maximum luminance: 1,000 cd/m2 or more
- Contrast ratio: 100,000:1 or more
- Coverage of color space: 77%